08. Fairy Tale

Seventeen Drabble Colection

08. Fem!Seungkwan Centric

Inspired by: Beauxbatons Academy!AU Moodboard

 

   Thick fog clouded her vision as Seungkwan makes her way towards the bridge that leads to the entrance of the academy. She runs her hand across the white marble rail and slightly winces at the biting coldness seeping into her skin.

   She stops on her tracks when she accidentally steps on a puddle, the small splash wetting her boots. Casting her gaze towards her feet, she sees a stream of water on the bridge floor.

   The tide has risen.

   She turns to look at the vast ocean before her and notices a black figure slowly heading for the bridge. Based on its long neck and pointed beak, she realizes that it is a swan. When the swan suddenly stops moving and lets out a loud cry, she feels her stomach sinks.

   Even the animals are cursed.

   The swan slowly sinks into the ocean as it twists its neck around and around, all the while squeaking in pain and fear. In the distance, she hears the song of the sirens slowly growing louder as the trees surrounding the academy wilt before turning to ashes. The horses are galloping away from their shacks, but the restraints on their necks only grow tighter with each step and gradually choke them.

   The light from the lighthouse of the academy washes her in red and blue — just like the light on the police car when she was arrested for practicing black magic, as what the muggles call it. 

   She climbs the rail and stands on it with her arms wide open; remembering how she used to balance herself on a plank connecting her and her friend, Jisoo's apartments.

   She remembers her senior, Soonyoung once told her about the power of magic. "When magic is in the devil's hands, peace will disappear." That's what she said the night before her body was found in the prefect's bathroom.

   She takes a deep breath before exhaling slowly. With the echo of the mermaid's screams underwater and the smell of blood hanging heavily in the air, she lets her body fall into the water like the enchanted prince diving into the water to meet the wicked little mermaid one last time.