02. Wishlist

Seventeen Drabble Colection

02.College!AU - Mingyu x Wonwoo

Song: Kiiara - Wishlist

 

 

   Mingyu watches Wonwoo scanning the book the girl handed him and stamping the due date to return the book on the last page of it. His slender fingers brush slightly against the girl's as he gives the novel back to her and Mingyu looks away and turns towards his opened book.

   "Your book is upside down," Mingyu chuckles nervously and corrects the book's position before heaving out a sigh.

   "I really don't get it. You're literally dating him which obviously means that your feelings are mutual. Why are you so insecure of yourself?" 

   Mingyu looks at Seokmin before casting his eyes downwards and lets out another heavy sigh. "I know but I—"

 

("Have you finished your wishlist?" Minghao asks and takes his bottle from the bottle.

 "The one for French? No. Why?" Mingyu zips his black bag close and turns towards his seatmate.

 "You haven't forgotten about it, right?"

 Mingyu scoffs. "I'm not that forgetful.

  Minghao rolls his eyes as he slings his bag onto his shoulder. "I would debate on that topic with you but since I need to go to the practice room now, let's do it next time. Adios."

  Mingyu waves him goodbye and watches as he leaves the empty classroom. He takes out a crumpled paper from his pocket and opens it, easing the wrinkles as he does so.

   Wishlist: 1) Jeon Wonwoo

  He tears the paper into pieces and walks towards the opened window, The view of the school field greeted him; the football team cheering when their ace player, Hansol scoring a goal, the school athletes undergo ther training on the tracks, the basketball heading towards the court. Extending his hand out of the window, he opens his fist and lets the pieces of paper fly away with the wind.)

 

   Mingyu curles his hand into a fist and feels a tear rolling down his cheek. "—it's not enough."