Six

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Go Won was running late. And by late she meant: she had to meet Hyejoo outside the concert venue to make it seem like she was a normal person attending a concert and not the national superstar that was going to put on said concert-kind of late. But then Go Won thought not many people actually experience this specific reason for tardiness.

 

This was really her own concert.

 

Go Won was going to fake being a fan of herself.

 

She had definitely lost a screw or two in the head.

 

“Have you lost your mind?” Sooyoung wanted to scream, but getting worked up would not lead them anywhere. “Are you aware of the very thin thread you are walking on, Go Won?”

 

The artist tried to play it off and joke to make the mood lighter. “Funny that you mention it, I was just thinking that exact same thing.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Go Won flinched. So joking was not going to work.

 

She looked over to Jungeun for help but the makeup artist was not about to get in between this mess. She avoided the idol's gaze at all cost and the younger blonde narrowed her eyes at the betrayal. 

 

Sooyoung never liked it when she defended everything Go Won did anyway. She would just quietly do her job. Sooyoung had not planned to deal with any of her today but of course, there Go Won went, just making life difficult for her as always. 

 

The model-like manager began pacing back and forth in the dressing room. It was a miracle how she hadn’t quit her job yet. It was like she was a babysitter instead and was looking after a kid that always went causing trouble. But she knew no other person in the world would be able to tolerate this idiot. Sooyoung better be getting a raise after she handled this whole mess.

 

“Okay, so let me get this straight,” Sooyoung rubbed her eyes in exhaustion.

 

“Don’t hurt yourself,” Go Won added while taking off her heavy makeup and Jungeun helped.

 

Sooyoung glared at her one more time to keep shut. 

 

“You want to reveal your identity to Olivia Hye– who told you she hates your guts as an idol, but she then transferred to your school earlier this year and you became close friends in real life and she doesn't hate the normal you.”

 

Go Won nodded. Her manager kept going.

 

“You think she’s not a bad person and that you can trust her with your secret but at the same time she hates Loona because she thinks she’s a fake liar– Do you not see just about everything that is wrong with this scenario, Go Won!?” Sooyoung wanted to pull her own hair out.

 

“It’s okay. I have a plan,” the fake blonde tried to calm her down.

 

“No! You always say you have a plan when in reality you have no idea if it's going to work.”

 

The idol blinked. “Plans are not supposed to always work. They’re just guides to get you to an ending product. There’s always a chance for them to not be successful.” Go Won’s way of thinking was ahead of their time. 

 

Sooyoung still couldn’t believe the girl had organized such a finely-detailed scheme and stuck to it for months, just to get close to Olivia Hye. The Insta-lives, the increased acceptance to attend music shows, the specific concert performances, suddenly always going to school, everything was perfectly crafted to see the rookie idol.

 

“What’s your plan after you tell her? Think she’s going to be all fine and dandy about you lying to her for months? She already doesn’t like the idol you. Once she discovers the real you also lied– and to her face no less– she’s going to lose it,” Sooyoung crossed her arms as she tried to some sense into Go Won.

 

The young artist began to change out of her rehearsal outfit and put on her regular clothes.

 

“And that’s where you come in, Sooyoung-dear. Best manager in the whole wide world. Prettiest lady I know. The smartest woman of our generation.”

 

Great. Now Go Won was buttering her up. 

 

Just what else did this crazy girl have in mind with her ridiculous plans? The brunette woman listened intently, looking at the artist incredulously so she would realize how ridiculous all of this was. No such luck. Go Won was set to do this and there was no turning back once she made up her mind about something.

 

After Go Won had told her what she needed her to do, Sooyoung stormed out of the waiting room while Go Won dashed for the outside of the venue. She would have Jungeun on standby, ready to do her makeup again as soon as she got back.

 

Sooyoung could not believe Go Won wanted her to befriend the rookie idol’s manager! Just who did she take her for? She had more important things to do, like figure out how to get away with murder. She had no time to be making "friends" and from rookie managers no less. Yet here she was, going to find some Kim Jiwoo. But first, she had to find Olivia Hye.

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

“Chaewon you’re late!” Hyejoo said as the shorter girl ran up.

 

The first thing Chaewon noticed as she stood in front of Hyejoo was that the taller girl was wearing a disguise today. A black bucket hat to shield her eyes and a mask to cover , but the navy-blue hair still stood out. It was straight and let down, completely stealing all the attention. 

 

“You know, for someone that didn’t want to come you really seem more enthusiastic than me,” the secret idol teased.

 

Hyejoo became flustered for a few seconds and stuttered before responding. “No I’m not! I just want to go in so people can stop staring at me,” she confessed.

 

That’s when Go Won realized the young idol was attracting some attention from other concert attendees. They were looking their way curiously, some even going to the extent of snapping pictures. They either recognized who she was or they just thought it was not creepy to randomly take pictures of someone.

 

“Well you hair is blue,” Go Won tried to find an excuse, “maybe they really like it.”

 

“Yeah right. Let’s go,” she held Go Won by the hand automatically and lead the way to the line.

 

Hyejoo hadn’t commented on it but she had noticed the older girl wasn’t in her usual messy ponytail like at school. She had worn her hair down and she knew Chaewon had long hair, but she didn’t know just how gorgeous it would look. With the sun shining bright and bouncing off the dark locks, it gave the impression that she was a doll. The faintest of pink adorned her cheeks from the running she had done earlier and Hyejoo felt something weird stirring in her chest.

 

The outfit Chaewon decided to wear today also contributed to her cute model-like appearance. A baby blue summer dress. She was still wearing her thick framed glasses, but that didn't deter her looking like a Barbie that came to life. She wondered if it would be weird to ask the shorter girl if she could touch her face. Her skin just looked so smooth and soft. Hyejoo wanted to crane Go Won’s small face in her hands, but she stopped herself from accidentally saying anything. 

 

“You look pretty with your hair down,” Hyejoo slipped.

 

Go Won smiled, one of those timid grins when she thought about Hyejoo and the younger girl was not there.

 

“You look pretty all the time,” Go Won looked her in the eyes.

 

Hyejoo knew she was just teasing her on purpose, so why was it that she could feel the blood rushing to her face? Thank god she had a mask on or she would never hear the end of it. Just thinking about spending time with Go Won made her heart speed up, and she was starting to develop those frightening butterflies more frequently.

 

The younger idol coughed awkwardly. "Thank you."

 

While they waited in line, the two made small talk about how excited they were for the concert, or just Chaewon. Hyejoo was neutral but she wasn't going to stop the smaller girl from rambling to her heart's content. It was cool they had gotten the tickets for free, and from Loona herself, so she wasn’t complaining.

 

Meanwhile, Go Won was loving being on the other side of the concert life for once. She looked around and took in all other attendees chatting animatedly among themselves. Many were holding banners, signs, and light sticks to show their support for her. Some were wearing concert swag with her name, her face, her song titles and lyrics. Everything seemed so surreal to her. The place was packed, barely anyone able to walk through, and if you got out of line, good luck trying to get back in.

 

She couldn't believe all these people were here for her. It didn't feel real. As if she wasn't about to perform for the thousands of people that were here in a few hours. Go Won got lost in her own sea of thoughts, her gaze blurring and becoming distant. The emotions seemed to have hit her at once, releasing a shaky breath to drive the tears away before they could fall. Hyejoo was too busy looking ahead, so she didn't notice her odd change of mood.

 

Go Won quickly collected herself together and wiped the corners of her eyes discretely. 

 

The doors finally opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter