Sixteen

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyejoo had friends. She wasn't completely alone. She didn't know why she took Loona's words to heart when she had apologized and said she didn't mean it. Still that statement didn't sit well with her. She had Jiwoo. She had to count right? Although she was her manager she was also her friend who she could tell anything to. But that's not why the rookie was bothered.

 

What about Chaewon? What did that make her? Chaewon was her friend. Maybe even more than that. Chaewon was someone she cared for and cared for her back. The only way Hyejoo can get through a ty day is by thinking of Chaewon. The only thing she used to look forward when going to school was seeing the older girl. Now it was harder for them to see each other and Hyejoo felt like she might lose her mind if she didn't get the reassurance that Chaewon was there.

 

She grabbed her phone and sent a late text in the wee hours of the night. She wasn't expecting for Chaewon to answer but she was surprised when a reply came not too long after.

 

Hyejoo had hit Chaewon with a: "cant sleep. wyd?"

 

why aren't you sleeping? you should sleep hyejoo

 

Maybe it was because she was lacking sleep and her unstable mental state made her texts have no filter at such a late hour. She decided to send her true feelings in the simplest way possible.

 

"i miss u"

 

After Hyejoo sent that she didn't get a reply back. Had she said something wrong? Hyejoo cursed herself because maybe Loona was right. What if she actually didn't have any friends? She had scared Chaewon off by being all in her feelings at 3AM. The younger girl had enough of being an idiot so she dropped her phone on the mattress and turned her back on the device.

 

She would force herself to forget this ever happened but the chime of a notification had her turning immediately. Hyejoo grabbed her phone and read the words over and over again to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.

 

then come over

 

Her heart rate had unwillingly began to pick up in speed and a dumb smile made way to her face.

 

"dont joke with me. u kno i will" she texted back with stiff fingers.

 

The replies were back to returning quick.

 

i'm not kidding. i want you to come over now

 

Jiwoo would kill her for going out so late at night but the girl was out like a log at her feet. She tentatively stole a glance from Jiwoo who was snuggled in a sleeping bag on the ground. The woman had insisted on staying over to keep Hyejoo company. It felt wrong to slip out and leave her but she hopes she will understand. She would send Jiwoo a text in the morning explaining of her whereabouts.

 

Hyejoo got herself dressed and took some money and her phone. The money was for the taxi ride to get to Chaewon's house and the phone was to keep texting Chaewon on her way there to make sure something hadn't happened to her. On the car ride she stared out the window lost in thought, focusing on how the picture outside the window changed. From a dominantly poor area to a more average middle class and finally to an area fit for only the top percent in the country. 

 

She didn't notice how the taxi driver gave her an odd look, thinking about how a girl coming from there could possibly have any business in this destination. Hyejoo didn't care about anyone else at the moment. She gave the man a few crumpled bills and was on her way out, already knowing the way to Chaewon's house on foot by memory.

 

Hyejoo wouldn't be allowed in the apartment complex by herself unless Chaewon gave security the okay to let her in. She was ready to send Chaewon a text to let her know she had arrived but she didn't need to when the black-haired girl was waiting for her by the door. A fluffy jacket on, usual frames on her face, overpriced slippers on her feet, and a genuine smile ready to greet her first thing.

 

Her pace got faster and before she realized, Hyejoo was running. Chaewon wasn't ready for Hyejoo to tackle her as soon as they met but she wasn't complaining when she felt herself melting in Hyejoo's hold. The taller girl had her hands wrapped about her shoulders, head buried deep into her hair. Chaewon returned the sentiment by wrapping her arms around her waist and bringing her closer. 

 

"You're alright. You're with me now," Chaewon said softly in her ear.

 

Hyejoo nodded, trying her hardest not to cry right then and there. Chaewon carefully pushed Hyejoo back and made sure to look her in the eyes, holding her face in her hands as to read her more accurately. She searched for any traces of sadness in her gaze but the only thing Chaewon was met with was dilated pupils and labored breathing, most likely from the sprit the younger girl had done earlier.

 

Chaewon grinned. Glad Hyejoo was okay since earlier today had been crazy for them both.

 

"Let's go." Chaewon slwoly ran her hands down Hyejoo's arms until they ended at her fingerstips, the older girl then taking both her hands in hers and gently tugging her on.

 

All the way to her apartment Chaewon didn't let go from Hyejoo's hold. With their hands locked, fingers interlaced, the two didn't need to say anything to convey how they were both feeling. Sometimes actions spoke louder than words and this was one of those instances. The two had a feeling of what was going to happen tonight. They had been tip-toeing around each other for long enough. Hyejoo felt like some things needed to be said.

 

"Are you tired?" Chaewon asked her as she brushed some lose strands of hair away from her face.

 

Hyejoo nodded. She couldn't remember the last time she had a proper cycle of uninterrupted sleep. The shorter girl gave her a sympathetic look and led her to the living room. Whenever Hyejoo stayed over Chaewon always brought a ridiculous amount of blankets and pillows and made a fort for them to sleep in. Today was no exception.

 

"Let's sleep," Chaewon kept on leading her until they were both tucked inside their safe haven of softness and warmth.

 

Chaewon dimmed the lights and took off her glasses before getting comfortable. Hyejoo was careful to not knock over their fort with her height difference. The older girl extended the blanket and silently told Hyejoo to get in. Chaewon made sure Hyejoo was tucked in and comfortable sleeping beside her but this felt a little too distant for Hyejoo's taste.

 

The rookie idol shifted over and wrapped her arms around Chaewon to bring her impossibly close, Chaewon's heart in return felt like it was up in . Hyejoo had her face buried into her chest and inhaling the sweet smell of her perfume. The close proximity was making her head grow dizzy and it was becoming harder to keep her feelings hidden.

 

"Thank you," Hyejoo mumbled against Chaewon.

 

The secret idol looked down at Hyejoo with furrowed brows. Chaewon hadn't done anything in particular that required such heartfelt words. The older girl let out a small smile, her chest finally feeling full and her lungs getting back the capacity to breathe. With Hyejoo in her arms everything in the world finally felt right. 

 

She leaned down and gently kissed Hyejoo on the forehead, thankful that when she's feeling troubled she trusted her enough to come to her. Nobody in this world mattered more than the girl in her arms, holding onto her as if she was a mirage that would disappear with the wind. Hyejoo couldn't keep her feelings to herself any longer if Chaewon kept on showering with affection. There was no way she didn't feel the same. They had to be in the same page.

 

She didn't only want hugs and forehead kisses, but she wanted that and much more. She wanted to be part of Chaewon's life forever and she hoped the other girl would want to keep her around in her life as long as possible. Just thinking about the possibility of there being a day when Chaewon doesn't want to see her any longer broke her. Hyejoo didn't think she would be able to live the way she did before she met the kind girl.

 

"Chaewon," Hyejoo pulled away and tried to search for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter