Five

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Go Won had finally gotten the okay from the company on doing her own insta-live. Why they had taken so long to accept? It was because the artist wanted to do it by herself without anyone to bother her in the comfort of her own apartment.

 

In the past, all her v-lives or insta-lives had been at the company. Whether in the practice room or just mindlessly touring the halls. There, someone could always keep a close watch on what she did and said. It wasn’t fun, and having someone plan what she was going to talk about made her feel not genuine.

 

It was ironic considering her entire stage persona and personal life remained separate from public knowledge, but maybe that’s what irked her in the first place. It seemed like hanging out with Olivia— no, Hyejoo— had started to affect her. Not in a bad way, of course. She was beginning to understand her reasoning more thoroughly.

 

Unsurprisingly, Go Won first had to submit a list of possible topics and a theme to her insta-live is she was going to do it unsupervised. She wasn’t planning on doing anything that would get her into trouble, if that’s what they were afraid of. All she wanted to do was show the fans a little bit about herself since she’s never done that before.

 

Maybe a quick look around her room, talk about mundane things she likes to do, like eating ice cream and just walking around the city. The other thing she mainly wanted to do was a Q&A session. Fans could leave their questions in the comments about anything they were curious about, and she would chose some of them to answer.

 

Overall, she thought it should go pretty well. She wasn’t dumb and she knew she wasn’t going to accidentally reveal anything. Okay, so maybe she did have an ulterior motive for this insta-live, but that would be revealed later on. With just a month left before her solo concert, she wanted everything to go according to plan.

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

Everything was set and ready to go. Her signature blonde wig was on and she had on her contact lenses to see without her glasses. At the same time they made her eyes stand out, and the look couldn’t be complete without her favorite cute and lovely makeup style.

 

She decided to wear her favorite pineapple pajamas because why not? This was supposed to be casual anyways. Go Won loved these pajamas as they had been a gift from a fan. Maybe if they watched this insta-live they would catch her wearing their present. She took a deep breath before starting.

 

She was live and she waited a couple minutes for people to tune in. She had almost five million followers. Maybe after this personal session she would be able to finally hit the mark. It would certainly take many by surprise since she’s never done something like this before. There was no previous warning, just a spur of the moment event. She started off with quick waves and greetings.

 

The comments were coming at an insane speed as of course it was late at night in Korea and many people were probably home. However, she was able to catch a small glance of other comments in many different languages as well. Go Won smiled instantly, happy that there were so many people wanting to see her. Once there was a minimum of twenty-thousand people tuned in (which didn’t take long at all) she greeted the audience officially.

 

“Hi everyone! Did you miss me? Because I certainly did. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Loona! Waaaah!” 

 

She cutely clapped for herself to celebrate her first ever insta-live. Go Won then read some comments since they had slowed, but only slightly.

 

“Loona you’re so pretty. Thank you,” she laughed.

 

She was simply sitting back on the her bed, looking happy and relaxed.

 

“Your pajamas are adorable. I know! A fan gave them to me! They’re so cute, I love them. Thank you.”

 

The night progressed with just the fans asking things like what she had been doing and how she’d been.

 

“I‘ve simply kept practicing and also catching up with my studies. I was doing some homework just now and I decided to take a break. Are any of you good with calculus? This subject is going to kill me.”

 

Comments in the form of “Lol” and laughing emojis flooded in, as well as “omg same” and “big mood.” She was glad other people shared her pain for the subject from the ninth circle of hell.

 

“I was getting bored of staring at formulas for so long, I thought my head was going to explode.” She then pursed her lips in thought. “Should I play some music? What should I play?” Her usual bright personality was back.

 

It took a while for her question to get through from the natural lag of the live, but after the message was delivered, numerous comments came with lots of suggestions. 

 

“Pink Velvet’s Pink Flavor. That’s a good song.”

 

“Octagon’s Bright. That’s also really good.”

 

Just then a particular suggestion grabbed her full attention. It almost got lost among the sea of other choices but Go Won was quick to scroll and find it before too late.

 

“Olivia Hye’s Singing in the Rain. What’s this? A new song?” She faked not knowing. She knew someone would comment on it.

 

As if she didn’t know Hyejoo was going to release a new song. The girl hadn’t told her, but she didn’t have to. What kind of friend would she be if she didn’t know? She basically knew everything Hyejoo had on her schedule. She was her number one fan now, of course she had to show her support!

 

“Yes new song!” She read a reply. “Oh really? Then I have to listen to it!” She didn’t miss a beat.

 

The blonde quickly reached for her laptop and got on YouTube at the speed of light. She wasn’t even focused on doing the insta-live any more and just wanted to see the music video. She noticed it hadn’t dropped too long ago, about fifteen minutes. Perfect, the hype was still fresh.

 

“Guys, I’m sorry, but I have to watch this,” Go Won told the camera. 

 

She had the camera on a tripod so easily she shifted her attention from her phone to her laptop screen. And that’s how Loona’s Q&A session turned into a live reaction video. The fans were actually loving it. The way Loona was genuinely in awe by the cinematography and her analysis on the song. She couldn’t stop mumbling praises and her jaw literally dropped when she heard Hyejoo rapping.

 

By the end of it all, it was like Go Won was in a trance. She stared into the camera completely blank. That had been a trip and she needed a few seconds to calm down. The song was seriously amazing. The bass, the drop, the beat. And then the video. The colors, the outfits, the scene changes. Lastly, Hyejoo herself looked stunning. Her outfits, her makeup, everything about her was perfect.

 

“I think...” I just fell in love, “I just became a fan.”

 

The viewers were completely losing it. They couldn’t believe Loona was being such a spazz live. It’s true that she loved Olivia’s music, but if she was going to keep putting out good content like this she might as well officially join her fan club. Did she even have a fan club yet? She better, people shouldn’t be sleeping on all this talent.

 

“It looks like you just fell in love,” Go Won read out loud.

 

She laughed. “I didn’t!” She whined at the teasing. “But that was seriously so good. If you haven’t yet, you should all check out the video.”

 

And that was how Olivia Hye’s Singing in the Rain got a million views in just a few hours and topped the search engines at number one.

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to release a new song!”

 

Go Won whined as soon as she sat down at her desk. Hyejoo of course didn’t have to. She had already known beforehand. It had been so hard to keeping quiet and not ask her about it.

 

Hyejoo shook her head. “It’s no big deal.”

 

“What do you mean? The song is amazing! Loona better watch out. She’s got competition now,” she teased.

 

Just hearing the name gave Hyejoo a sour taste in . Apparently the senior artist had reacted live to her music video last night, which in return got her a lot of attention overnight. She didn’t need her help, and she certainly didn’t need her fake concern. If she wanted to achieve the public’s recognition, she wanted to do it on her own without anyone’s help.

 

“Let me guess, you were watching her live yesterday and that’s how you found out,” Hyejoo didn’t even try to hide the jealousy.

 

Go Won wanted to squeal at how adorable she was being. Would she really upset if she chose Loona over her? But that was impossible. Olivia Hye always came first, Chaewon grinned.

 

“No! I watched your video first, then I watched her insta-live, and then she watched your video, so then I watched your video again.”

 

“Right...” Hyejoo somehow doubted that considering the petite girl was a huge Loonaddict. 

 

Yes, that was their fandom name as Chaewon had thrown in her face at least one-hundred t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter