Twenty-Seven

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Go Won didn't want to make it obvious but she badly wanted to talk to Hyejoo. How to do so without making it seem odd? She didn't want to get the trainee in trouble...

 

The blonde saw her chance when Hyejoo walked to the side and sat down, her legs looking unstable. Sooyoung and Jiwoo were the first ones to approach her and Go Won made her way over once the other trainees had been escorted out of the hall. Jiwoo had her arms around Hyejoo in a congratulatory hug and Sooyoung gave her a brief pat on the shoulder for a job well done.

 

"Are you okay?" Go Won kneeled to see Hyejoo at eye level.

 

The girl looked up, her eyes a bit red from crying a little earlier. Go Won offered her a smile and Hyejoo nodded back at her.

 

"What was that thing earlier about you fainting? What if Sooyoung hadn't found you? What happened?"

 

Sooyoung knew things could get dangerous if she let the idol talk too much so she intervened. "Go Won, not now. She's still a bit shocked by the results."

 

And that's when things clicked.

 

Hyejoo had made it to the third round, but she never doubted she would make it. For Hyejoo however, she was probably sure she wouldn't make it due to Haseul's scrutiny from earlier. She knew their CEO had been upset but once she saw Hyejoo's performance her whole perspective changed.

 

"Right, sorry. Congratulations on making it to Round 3." Go Won got back on her feet.

 

That's when Hyejoo looked up at her a bit doubtful. "You didn't have anything to do with that did you?"

 

Go Won felt offended.

 

Yes, she wanted to best for her girlfriend, but she wasn't going to cheat other girls out of an opportunity because of it. What she said earlier about Hyejoo working well as a team was genuine, she wasn't patronizing her. She made her sincere observations and they were taken into consideration because they were true.

 

"You made it because you earned it. If anything, Haseul was trying so hard to find a flaw in you but she was unable to." She told her. "So stop being so hard on yourself and doubting the legitimacy of the results. They're as real as how much work you've put in."

 

Hyejoo let out a breath of relief. She wanted this just as much as any of the other trainees, but she didn't want to get in due to connections. She wanted to bask in her results only if she truly earned them, without any handicaps from Loona, Sooyoung, Jiwoo or anyone else.

 

It was hard to believe but she didn't think the CEO would be someone to be easily swayed by them. Yet, if others found out she was acquaintanced with them, rumors would surely sprout and they didn't want that. That's why they had to keep things a secret until... well until everything was over.

 

Meanwhile, Go Won knew her work here was done. Hyejoo wasn't going to answer any questions about what happened earlier so she wouldn't spend more time here uselessly. If the younger girl wouldn't talk to Loona then she would surely talk to her as Chaewon. She wanted to get changed ASAP and ask her if she felt sick or anything was hurting.

 

She said her goodbyes and went out the door, as fast as it was allowed without running as she was still inside the building and she didn't want any repeat incidents. The coast was clear and if anyone wondered what had her in such a hurry they didn't inquire her about it.

 

Jungeun was in the stylist office, going over outfits and checking off a list of accessories. She was startled to see Go Won barge in like someone was hot on her tail. She checked to make sure she was alone.

 

"I thought you would stay for evaluations longer? Don't you have to go over the procedures for Round 3 with the CEO?"

 

"Later."

 

Go Won quickly began to take off the pretty clothes while at the same time looking for her bag where her old clothes were.

 

"Hey, hey! You're gonna tear the blouse! Yah! That's not how you take off that skirt!" Jungeun said horrified and dropped everything she was doing to help the idol in a rush.

 

Jungeun didn't know what was her deal but Go Won always had multiple things she was working on. This wasn't unusual. While Jungeun put back the clothes neatly in the rack where they belonged, Go Won quickly tired to remove her makeup. She was doing such a bad job that the makeup artist and stylist had to step in again.

 

She tried to do everything fast but also efficiently. Lastly was removing Go Won's wig and styling her hair into a look that was more "Chaewon-like." It didn't take long. Most of the time Go Won simply put it in a low ponytail.

 

She finished by putting on her thick-rimmed glasses and out the door she was, not realizing she had left with the shoes that paired with Loona's outfit: a pair of white converse.

 

Oh well. Those weren't rare so anyone could own them.

 

Jungeun didn't see it as a big deal as long as she brought them back. She preferred if Go Won kept them clean.

 

She began to go over the usual checklist for Loona's outfit to make sure everything was here. Obviously, the shoes were not but then everything else seemed to be present. It wasn't until Jungeun made it to the very bottom that her face paled. Under the accessories category, Jungeun left blank "contact lenses."

 

Not only had Go Won left with Loona's shoes on but also her gray contacts.

 

! ! ! !

 

Jungeun had to act fast. She put her clipboard down and searched for her phone. Go Won better not be seen by anyone that saw her earlier or it would be very easy to put the pieces together. She tried calling first but nothing.

 

Did she not have her phone?!

 

Then she would have to spam her with texts. Maybe only her ringer was off. Jungeun was trying to be positive and not let her paranoia get to her. It wasn't working. She dialed Sooyoung after the tenth spam text left unopened. Maybe she could catch Go Won before it was too late.

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

In the short amount of time she had, Chaewon managed to come up with a plan. And it was to wait for Hyejoo outside of Eden and pretend like she came to pick her up so they could go home together. She would ask her about her day and if she noticed any remote fidgeting by her girlfriend, she would use the opportunity to press her about the fainting incident.

 

There was no way it was exhaustion or malnutrition, Hyejoo had been fine. There was nothing unusual about her yesterday otherwise she would've noticed. She wasn't sick and she wasn't tired in a way that was concerning.

 

Go Won recognized many of the trainees clearing out of the building, some of them with defeated looks and others with wide smiles. She was waiting by the corner with a long cardigan on and a scarf wrapped around her face to avoid the harsh autumn weather. I would be winter soon and the temperature would decrease even more.

 

The doors opened one more time and Chaewon saw Hyejoo walking out. Immediately her expression brightened. Even though she'd seen her all morning, it wasn't the same. She couldn't actually show her love and affection when she was Loona. Hyejoo spotted her instantly too and she showed her a gummy smile that progressively disappeared as she got closer.

 

Chaewon took off her scarf so she could talk without a barrier between them.

 

"What's wrong?" She asked.

 

The trainee couldn't take her eyes off her own. "You're wearing contacts?"

 

Chaewon immediately ducked her head. She forgot to take off her colored lenses!

 

"Oh, I– just wanted to try something new. Guess I must've forgotten to take them off as I came out of the house."

 

Idiot.

 

Hyejoo tried to look get another look at her eyes, not quite believing how they were the exact color of Loona's eyes... They were her signature gray color.

 

"You and Loona." Hyejoo's tone was flat.

 

Chaewon paled at her words. "Hyejoo, I can explain–"

 

"Are you serious right now?"

 

Chaewon felt her heart sink to her stomach. 

 

She found out.

 

It's over.

 

And all because of her carelessness.

 

Chaewon closed her eyes fearing for the worst.

 

"I thought your obsession had calmed down but you went and got the same color lenses she uses?" Hyejoo shook her head.

 

Chaewon's train of thought halted altogether. She opened her eyes back up. "Huh?"

 

"Do you like Loona that much? Should I introduce you?" Hyejoo couldn't help the slight jealousy she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter