Seveteen

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It still wasn't adequate for Go Won to head into the company in her Loona attire. The paparazzi had definitely dispersed now that it had been a week but there was still a few cars with tinted windows waiting around the corner. They thought they were slick but Go Won always caught them camping out when she was walking down the street to test the waters in her normal clothes and natural black hair.

 

They would never go away and Go Won really needed to have a company meeting or things would end up escalating even more. The fire hadn't died down online. If anything the public grew more suspicious and vocal since her impromptu performance because she had gone into hiding and no one had a clue where she went right after.

 

The tabloids are saying it was a publicity stunt by the company and that it might mean something for a new comeback. Others were saying there was no way this was planned, that it was way too sudden. But then they wouldn't put it past her because she was so secretive and managed to keep her real identity a secret for so long, others didn't doubt that they had calculated this. Plus Loona hadn't slipped in and out without help.

 

And talking about help, there were even articles online about Jungeun and Sooyoung now. "The faithful manager and personal makeup stylist that never leave her side." That they were completely right about. Go Won had also been spending a lot more time with Hyejoo since she was on house arrest but the problem was that her company still wasn't letting up and wanted her to go on more public appearances with Taehwan since their last attempt had completely been overruled by Loona.

 

Go Won thanked the heavens for once that Baek Taehwan was so spoiled that he didn't want to go on another date with Olivia after he "got out-shined by Loona" and made him look like a fool. He should be able to keep his distance for a few more days but that still didn't give Go Won much time. She had to balance so many things at once that she felt like she was about to lose her mind.

 

She had called Jaden in secret (behind Sooyoung's back because she knew she would never approve of something like this) and gave him a private task to carry out. He had been sending updates regularly and he was almost done with the final touches. He just needed a few more documents and talk with some of his well-trusted connections and they would get the ball rolling. Go Won was tired of being scrutinized by the public, so what she was about to pull would surely give them enough to talk about till the end of time.

 

Go Won really needed to get inside the company if she wanted everything to go successfully though. She couldn't even be seen with Sooyoung outside of being Loona because people would question her. So then, what would be the perfect way to get into the company unsuspicious and undetected? Again, she had a plan. And it was so fool proof that she wondered why she hadn't thought of it sooner.

 

Wearing regular clothes and going as Chaewon, just a simple facemask covering , she walked up to the company in a hurry. Some reporters and fans outside the building gave her curious looks but all of them came to the same conclusion, she must be a trainee. Honestly, she should've come up with the idea sooner. Trainees were always going in and out, and the company really was in the middle of putting together their first girl group so no one would suspect a thing.

 

She punched in the code and unsurprisingly the door granted her access. Believe it or not this was actually the first time she came to the company not dressed as Loona and it felt weird. She took off her facemask now that she was safe in the confinements of the company but it wasn't long until one of the trainees approached her. Curse her bad luck, she should've just kept walking.

 

"Hi! Are you new? I haven't seen you before!"

 

This girl's smile was so big and bright Chaewon worried for a second she might go blind. She was taller than herself but she could tell she was still younger, and not just by the fact she sporting her school uniform. Something about her face just screamed baby and Chaewon felt the instant flutter in her heart of being able to see this girl on stage in the future. She had a long way ahead of her and she hoped she never lost her enthusiasm.

 

"Are you a hidden trainee?" The girl then got a little quieter. She looked around as if they were being spied on and then leaned in close to tell her a secret. "There's rumors going around that because Loona is so secretive there are other trainees following her footsteps as well."

 

Chaewon almost laughed out loud. These were the things the trainees talked about? They surely had a big imagination. But what the heck, she wasn't about to tell this girl anything that could put her on the spot even more. If that's what she wanted to believe then by all means, this could serve as her way to escape.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say anything," Chaewon put her mask back on and continued her way inside.

 

The girl that resembled the sun gasped and was about to go after her but Chaewon had already rounded a corner and was aiming for the elevator. For a split second, when Chaewon hit the button for the highest floor up and the doors were closing in front of her, she locked eyes with the same trainee one more time and she got this weird image in her head, like a flash it came and went and Chaewon felt like she must have lost her mind.

 

For a second there the girl reminded her a bit of Hyejoo. Was she missing the rookie that much that she was starting to see her on other people? She just saw her three days ago though. Maybe she was just being clingy and she wanted to spend more time together. It's true that she wanted to spend all her time with the younger girl so maybe that was it.

 

Snapping back to the present, she knew the trainee wouldn't follow her. No trainee was allowed to go up the elevator unless you had a special code. Their practice rooms were in the ground floor and ironically in the basement. The upper floors were for staff and directors which one could only access if you had another code. The CEO really made sure her secret identity would be protected at all cost and for that she was so grateful.

 

Once the doors opened on the highest floor, she knew she was safe. She let out a breath of relief and headed straight for the CEO's office. There was no security here because honestly if you made it up the elevator then you pretty much had full authority to be here. And certainly Chaewon did, the company had grown and made a name of themselves because of her. She had all the right to feel a little bit superior from other workers.

 

This was also the reason why she had a spot on the board of directors whenever they had a meeting. She owned about 25% of the company stocks which made her the second largest investor. The first place going to their one and only CEO who owned 55% herself. Now 25% may not seem like a lot compared to 55% but it was still a quarter of the company, which meant not only was Go Won a company employee but also a figure of authority. 

 

That may play a part on why, even though she should be sitting straight in front of her CEO scared out of her mind, she was calm as ever. Even giving her a closed smile and a little wave. The businesswoman rubbed her temples in annoyance. The little brat in front of her had caused her nothing but high blood pressure, many near heart attacks, and stress levels reaching the sky.

 

"Go Won, you have two minutes to explain yourself," the beautiful woman warned. She now had her hands clasped in front of her, sitting up straight and squaring her shoulders to seize Go Won's posture.

 

It was when Cho Haseul did things like this that made Go Won feel as small as a fly. Her nerves were back because when miss Cho had that look in her eyes, it either made you piss yourself or want to run far far away from her. The singer was feeling the latter option.

 

The girl cleared before speaking. "Well it's kind of a long story." She would do anything to delay the truth as much as she could.

 

Haseul let out a dark chuckle. That's how Go Won started her sentences whenever she knew the story would not guarantee people being on her side. The girl across from her was bold and, dare she say, a genius for her amazing talent of thorough planning skills. But at the end of the day she was still young which made her too emotional and impulsive, and those two things were something that could bring anyone in the highest pedestal down to the dumps in seconds.

 

Haseul had no choice but to force the truth out of Go Won herself if she wasn't willing to cooperate on her own. "I hear from Sooyoung something about a rookie you've taken an interest in."

 

Oh that was a low blow. She didn't blame Sooyoung though, who knows what Haseul threatened her with if she didn't spill. Their CEO didn't mind playing dirty as long as she got what she wanted. 

 

"And I hear you threatened her job," Go Won narrowed her eyes. She didn't actually but she needed to be on equal ground.

 

The problem here was that Haseul knew the young singer like the palm of her hand. She had seen her grow and she had witnessed the gradual surge of change among her. She knew all of Go Won's tricks and mind games so there was nothing the girl across from her could do to surprise her.

 

"Not her job actually but good guess," the woman got up from her desk and began pacing around the office.

 

She knew she could be a bit intimidating so when she was out of people's view they seemed to open up easier. That was one of her own tricks Go W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter