Thirteen

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a week since Chaewon spoke with Hyejoo, a little less than four days since she met her as Loona. Go Won doesn't even know what she can do as herself. She hadn't been replying to any of her messages (she wasn't spamming her either but just sending her a reasonable amount of questions wondering how she was doing). No call or text was answered. She wanted to be there for the younger girl but how could she when Hyejoo was pushing her away?

 

Something else that had been bothering her, that whenever things get tough Hyejoo always just stops talking to her. That's not what she wants to happen. Go Won wants to be trusted. For Hyejoo to be comfortable in speaking about her troubles and telling her when she's struggling. Hyejoo always tries to be strong and try to get over things by herself as if she were a lone wolf that had no one else. That's why she at least had to do something.

 

Go Won sent Jiwoo her way because she needs someone close to her that will understand. Even if Go Won wanted to be the one there for Hyejoo, she knew she was still lacking. There was this invisible wall between them which was the fact that Hyejoo still didn't know about her secret identiy. How can she possibly have Hyejoo trust her when in a way she couldn't trust the younger girl enough to tell her her secret? She was doubtful and hesitant and that was enough proof to know she wasn't ready.

 

She doesn't know if she'll ever be ready to tell Hyejoo the truth because there's always that fear of not knowing how she will react. Will she hate her? Will she be okay with it? She's been lying to her for months and the fact eats Go Won alive every day. Sometimes she pretends that everything is fine. That maybe Hyejoo only knowing her as Chaewon is okay. But that's not fair.

 

Chaewon and Loona will have to cross paths eventually. She can't hide it forever, but the sole fact of the unknown ahead terrifies her. Here she was, currently in the middle of cleaning her apartment even though the place was already spotless. Of course she had the cleaning service take care of it once a week but when she was feeling uneasy, nervous about something in her life, and maybe even borderline paranoid, she had a habit of mass cleaning.

 

It's been two hours and Go Won can feel her arms about to fall off with how much she has been scrubbing. Everything was so clean it might even be twinkling. She got off her hands and knees and stretched her back get to the soreness of her muscles to relieve the tension somewhat. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down. This had to stop, she had already cleaned even the smallest spaces. She even leaned the ceiling tiles, don't ask how.

 

The last thing she did was put all the cleaning supplies away in the storage closet before plopping down on her living room couch. Her iPad laid a few inches away from her so she snatched it up in hopes to find some entertainment. She wasn't one to post much on social media, she recalled as she scrolled mindlessly through instagram. Why not post a selfie? But she had to do it somewhere her fans already knew of and were familiar with, so she walked back to her room.

 

Go Won had to do something else first though, she had to get her Loona makeup ready. Right now she was looking very much like Chaewon with her messy ponytail and glasses (she likes to wear the lenses to lounge around the house). She didn't have to pick a whole outfit, just the princess makeup and the wig would do. The secret idol with Jungeun's help had mastered the art of getting ready in 10 minute tops, but why herself she wasn't as fast.

 

She was no professional makeup artist but she had been Loona for years to know what kind of makeup she typically wore and had more than enough time learn how to achieve the look. Her hand movements were precise and steady, no room for even the tiniest error. Loona didn't like things being out of place, she liked everything to be perfect. Her entire idol persona was flawless in the eyes of the public, she had to have that transfer to her personality as well.

 

In 30 minutes she was ready. She made sure her blonde locks cascaded naturally down her shoulders and that no strand stuck out of place. She ran her fingers though the light hair until she felt satisfied with herself. She gave a light smile that reflected in the mirror and went back to her bed to do what she was set to do in the first place. Should she use a filter? She really liked those, especially the kitty ones.

 

Sitting up as straight as she could she posed for the camera, snow filter of a cat ready and instantly showing on the screen. With a steady hand she snapped away, taking at least twenty pictures all with different angles and expressions. She went back through the batch and selected a few she felt were the best and thought her fans would like. Not wasting anymore time she uploaded them to her account and right away many hearts and comments were sent her way.

 

The caption was simple but effective: long time no see.

 

Comments of 'I love you' and 'I miss you' and all variations of heart emojis. Some people were clever and even sent her cat emojis and she laughed at their cuteness. She really couldn't count her blessings enough to have so many people that loved her and supported her. She never imagined to become as big of an artist in such a short amount of time. Go Won made a mental note to write some sort of thank you letter or post next time for her fans to show how much they meant to her. She felt like she never expressed it enough.

 

She kept scrolling mindlessly until she came across a viral post by a news page. It was about Olivia Hye and the massive hate online she was receiving from the public. Go Won clicked on the article link right away and her stomach turned to knots the more she read. Things said about Olivia from nasty rumors, hate speech, death threats, insults starting with every letter of the alphabet, Go Won was speechless at how negatively the internet exploded.

 

Hyejoo most likely saw them. Oh god. The blonde paled at the thought of Hyejoo reading the things being said about her. And her company wasn't doing anything about it? This was ridiculous. She knew they wanted to bring Olivia Hye attention but this was not the right way to approach it. Go Won knew hate would come Hyejoo's way but this was WAY bigger than she thought. This was shifting to being a personal threat to Hyejoo's safety. Who knew if any obsessed fangirls would actually try to come for her?

 

She had told Jiwoo to release a statement through YY Entertainment that they would prosecute malicious commenters, but her attempts had been found out and stopped last minute. The higher ups had threatened Jiwoo's job if she tried to do something to defend Olivia Hye's name. Go Won had the horrible feeling that it wasn't just about bringing Hyejoo attention, but at the same time it was a sort of punishment for Hyejoo trying to go against their words.

 

Go Won exited the article and tossed her iPad behind her. She had to come up with a solution soon. They couldn't keep stalling for long. Not only did she have to get Hyejoo out of this mess but also find a way to get her out of that ty company. But what could she do? Her brain wasn't working and she was starting to believe things would never become better.

 

Burying her face in her hands, she fought hard to stay positive. She always had a plan, right now was not the time to feel hopeless. Go Won would think of something, she had to. She always came up with a plan, but right now her mind was a blank canvas. If only there was some sort of sign, some divine clue to point her in the right direction.

 

And as if her pleas were answered, her phone chimed indicating she received a text. Go Won got up to retrieve the device from her night stand. It was a text from her layer to let her know things with the school lawsuit were going smoothly. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter