Three

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“My name is Son Hyejoo and it's nice to meet you,” the navy-haired student bowed to the class.

 

The rookie idol easily adverted her eyes from Go Won and looked elsewhere in the classroom. The secret artist immediately was confused and her facial expression wasn't hiding the fact. It was as if the rookie had never seen her before and had zero clue who she was.

 

A random hand shot up in the air from one of the students sitting in the front. The student looked like she was about to fall out of her seat from wanting to ask a question so much.

 

Olivia called on her just so she wouldn’t hit the floor.

 

“I’ve seen you on TV before! You’re Olivia Hye!”

 

Everyone in the class erupted into chaos again. No wonder she was so pretty. The rumors ended up being true. And idol really had transferred to their class. Of course not everyone was going to know who Olivia Hye was just yet, but she was getting her name out there and it did ring a bell.

 

Olivia gave her a small smile, mildly uncomfortable but still polite. “I would prefer it if we don’t address my career outside of school. Here I'm just a student like all of you, so please treat me like you normally would to anyone else.”

 

Go Won knew the students would not be satisfied with that answer. Their school had such a strong liking towards pop culture. Music was literally how students would relax and have fun on their free time. Giving that almost all of the school population liked Loona, it would be inevitable for them to start listening more to Olivia Hye’s music from now on since she attended here.

 

“Okay that’s enough,” their teacher was finally fed up with all the off-topic conversations. He had a class to teach. “Hyejoo, since there’s currently no desks available, I’m going to have to ask you to sit in the back of the class in one of the empty chairs for now. I will go and personally ask for a spare desk during break time.”

 

The new girl bowed at the teacher and did as told. As she walked through the aisles of desks and various students, all of them couldn’t help but admire the beauty before them. Olivia looked like a doll from far away and even more like a princess up close. Her body proportions were flawless and her complexion was as if of porcelain. Go Won scoffed at one of the boys who seemed to be drooling all over his textbook.

 

She could tell the taller girl had minimal makeup on to make it seem as if she wasn’t wearing any, but the Go Won was sure that even makeup-free Olivia would still look beautiful.

 

She immediately swatted that thought from her mind. That rude girl, gorgeous? Ha! All she had going for her were her looks since her personality was so rotten, the secret artist scowled.

 

Go Won then wondered if Olivia would show her true colors at school or if she would put on a facade in front of everyone like she had at the music station. The taller girl finally walked past her, Go Won getting a whiff of the perfume she was wearing and she hated how it smelled so sweet. It was ironic considering the girl wasn’t sweet at all.

 

Again, Olivia didn’t pay much attention to her in the least bit as she passed her. There was no way she was faking it. The rookie idol really didn’t know who she was after all. How she ended up knowing her name was not important because she still didn't know what she looked like in her free time.

 

Go Won let a smile slip past her lips and she threw a fist in the air in celebration. She was saved! That rude girl had been fronting all along!

 

“CHAEWON!”

 

God damn it!

 

She did it again.

 

“Since you look to be having so much fun now, don’t think I forgot about you having to solve this problem on the board. Let’s hope that energy you have flowed to your brain as well.”

 

Go Won didn’t know why, but she had to catch a glance of Olivia behind her. The girl was actually smiling. But it wasn't a mocking smile for having gotten in trouble, it was a sincere expression of amusement. Weirdly enough, that made her feel slightly better about having gotten caught by the teacher again. 

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

“Cha Cha!"

 

The greeting was paired with a hard shove that made Go Won lose her balance. She fell to the ground, her lunch tray she had been holding spilling all over her uniform as a result. She had actually been on her way back to the classroom from the cafeteria to eat in peace, but that of course wasn’t an opinion anymore.

 

“Oh no.” The three bullies showed fake concern. “You should pay more attention and watch where you’re going. You don’t want to ruin your uniform.“

 

They finished their stunt by dumping a carton of milk over her head and laughing all the while. Go Won could only thank the sky it was plain milk and not flavored. Sugar was actually a lot harder to remove from her hair and needed lots of soap she didn't have. The bullies cackled maniacally until the entire contents of the box emptied, and then they resumed their way like nothing happened. 

 

It wasn’t until the group was out of sight that the petite girl got the courage to get up.

 

Great. Now she would have nothing to eat and her spare time would be used to get cleaned up. She left the food in the hallway as the custodian would eventually find it an clean the mess up, but still she moved the tray to the side so it wasn't on anyone's way.

 

She walked to her locker gaining looks of concern and pity from fellow peers, but none ever voiced out their concern out loud. At least they felt bad for her and didn’t join in on the bullying. She retrieved her gym uniform, and also a hairdryer. Yes this wasn’t the first time something like this happened so Go Won was already prepared.

 

The girl headed to the nearest bathroom, making sure it was empty before she began to undress. She removed her glasses and took off her shirt, and she used that opportunity to wash her hair in the sink. It took a while because her hair was growing longer and she was thinking about cutting it short if things like these were going to keep happening. It would certainly make clean-up easier if she hair was short.

 

Now that all the milk was off from her dark tresses, she slipped on the fresh pair of clothes. She tried to remove the stains from her white dress shirt but no luck. The poor shirt had no hope of being saved from all the oil stains and strong sauce. Of course Go Won had a few spares at home so this wasn’t the end of the world, but still, she felt bad. Her skirt thankfully had been more lucky.

 

She then rubbed the skirt with some soap and water getting off any food that landed on it. It still had a few stains Go Won wasn’t able to fully remove, but with a quick run in the washer it would be good to go. Next were her glasses. She easily slipped them under the tap and got any milk residue off them. She quickly checked for any cracks or scratches and was glad they had gotten away scot-free.

 

Go Won dried the lenses with her gym shirt and slipped them back on. She c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter