Fifteen

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No one had gotten a glimpse of what way Loona had escaped thankfully, let alone be able to witness both Olivia Hye and she leaving the same "coincidentally" at the same time. Everyone was way too stunned and live reporting the whole thing for it to actually click that Loona must've sneaked in and out from SOMEWHERE. The truth was that Go Won had sneaked in the stadium with Jungeun and the blonde had done her makeup at a blind spot that didn't have any cameras (thank Sooyoung for finding a detailed map of all spots that were lacking surveillance). 

 

After her performance she would have no time to go back to normal because people would most likely go after her (and they did but by that time Loona was long gone). With Jiwoo's help they were able to execute their plan perfectly since they needed a driver to be on their toes ready to get them the hell out of the stadium. With Olivia Hye's manager driving, that gave Sooyoung full freedom to check the tabloids on her phone and sure enough, Loona was the most searched term everywhere.

 

Loona's first ever public appearance outside music shows and personal schedules had created a mass buzz and Sooyoung was honestly waiting for the dreaded call from head management to ask what the hell had they gotten themselves into. That didn't happen though, instead Sooyoung got a simple text from the CEO calling for an emergency meeting tomorrow since reporters and numerous paparazzi were camping outside the company.

 

For some reason the relaxed text made Sooyoung feel a lot more frightened than if she were to have gotten yelled at over the phone. It's true that Loona is the one that made a name out of the company and had put them on the map as one of the top companies of Korea. She had a lot of freedom and say in what she decided to do with her career, but this was not it. Anything that could possibly shatter her secret identity concept would be a fatal blow for Eden Entertainment.

 

Jiwoo leaned over and stole a glimpse of what Sooyoung was looking at. She could only imagine the chaos on the internet. "Where do you want me to take you?"

 

Sooyoung looked up from her phone, the frown on her face momentarily vanishing. "Not the company. Take us to Loona's home, I'll tell you the address."

 

Go Won sat up in her seat and was quick to intervene once she heard that. Hyejoo had been to her house more than once and if they were to go there now when she was Loona, she would surely know something is up. She couldn't risk it.

 

"Umm how about no. I mean not to be distrusting or anything, but what if there's reporters waiting for me?"

 

Sooyoung and Jungeun both turned to her and gave her skeptical looks. No one knew where Loona lived, what was she saying? But then they didn't question it. They couldn't risk being seen anywhere where Loona frequented while she was still her idol persona.

 

"Let's go to my place then," Jungeun proposed. "No one cares about Loona's makeup artist."

 

"Actually..." Sooyoung showed the blonde her phone displaying an article all about her. "They do now since you were photographed helping Loona sneak in and out."

 

Jungeun groaned. "I can't go home either?"

 

Hyejoo couldn't take all this mess. It was honestly way too much for her. "Jiwoo just take us home. I'm pretty sure news about me are all gone."

 

Sooyoung turned back to face the front and raised her brows. "Actually you're right. No news about you or Taehwan in sight."

 

Jiwoo let out a breath of relied. "To Hyejoo's apartment it is then."

 

The young rookie rolled her eyes. Of course she knew. This was all part of Loona's plan after all. The girl seemed to have a complex for wanting to be her superhero. She could never leave her alone no matter how much she tried to stay away. She never asked for her help and she still didn't understand why the famous artist kept on gravitating towards her. Why did Loona care so much for a nobody like her? 

 

Hyejoo wanted to be mad, and she was, but she had to admit that she was also thankful. She sank further into her seat and closed her eyes. She wanted answers and she would be sure to get them once they all set foot in her apartment. Obviously this has been some kind of master plan Jiwoo had gotten involved in and she didn't appreciate her manager going behind her back even if it was for her sake.

 

She just wanted the truth. Was that so hard? Was there anyone in her life that could be upfront with her?

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

The coast was clear and going inside Hyejoo's apartment had been easy. The area was pretty bad and there was not many people roaming in the streets ever so it was easy for them to make it inside without being seen. For once Hyejoo was glad her crappy apartment was good for something.

 

"Sorry about the space," Hyejoo apologized.

 

Go Won was used to it since she had been here multiple times already both as Chaewon and Loona, but Jungeun and Sooyoung hadn't and seeing the conditions Hyejoo was living in firsthand made something inside them click. They could now partially understand Go Won's insistence with wanting to help the rookie so much.

 

Hyejoo didn't even have a couch for Christ's sake. Sooyoung wanted to pull her hair out because Go Won was such a pure-hearted little that couldn't just stand back and let things be. She didn't care if she got hurt in the process as long as she helped Hyejoo in whatever shape or form she could.

 

"Sorry there's not much I can offer you either," Hyejoo's face slowly began to get overtaken by a red hue. "I'm not used to having people over, let alone this many."

 

"That's okay," Go Won interjected. "Our fault for intruding so out of the blue. Here," she turned around and went to retrieve her bag. She gave Jungeun several bills and told everyone, "Jungeun can go and buy something."

 

The blonde looked downright offended. "I am your makeup artist, not your busgirl."

 

The shorter girl glared. "I'll get you airpods."

 

"Deal." Jungeun agreed in a heartbeat. The blonde woman was practically already out the door.

 

"Wait!" Jiwoo was quick to go after her, "you don't know where the store is!"

 

And Sooyoung was so not going to let Jungeun be alone together with Jiwoo. "Wait I'll go with you too."

 

Go Won showed a triumphant smile seeing that her plan had worked. She knew this would happen and if her calculations weren't wrong, this gave her at least twenty minutes alone with Hyejoo so they could talk in private. But when she turned to look at the younger girl she was glaring and had fire coming out of her ears. Had she done something wrong?

 

Hyejoo had the familiar feeling of wanting to be left alone return. Whenever she and Loona were left alone together she always had her guard up. She was always more on edge and more hesitant to trust anything the superstar tried to tell her. However, she needed answers, no matter how uncomfortable she felt at this moment.

 

"How did you know I would be at the basketball game?" Hyejoo went straight to the point so they could get things over with. "Are you spying on me?"

 

Go Won clenched her fists tightly at her sides, trying to not have her temper get the best of her. "I told you I'm just looking out for you."

 

"I told you I don't need you to look out for me!" And just like that Hyejoo released her frustrations on her. "Every. ing. Time. It's the same over and over again. I don't know what else to tell you to leave me the alone."

 

The blonde was truly shocked at the outburst. Would Hyejoo really rather suffer through all the immoral her company makes her do than to let down her pride for once and admit that she needs someone to help her? Or were her feelings like that only towards Loona?

 

"I can't understand why you can't let go of your ego for ten seconds and say a simple than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter