Two

I Am Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“... finally, Loona, if you could summarize your thoughts on today’s filming.”

 

Go Won practically made the entire studio beam with one of her signature smiles. She noticed the men behind the camera shooting now had grins going from ear to ear as they focused solely on her. She tended to have that impact on people.

 

“Today was extremely fun! This was my first time coming to a variety show so I was very nervous, but everyone decided to go easy on me. I’m still very sorry about the umbrella!”

 

Hearing this made everyone laugh. Go Won had accidentally broken an umbrella when she was doing a comedy skit which ended up being even funnier. The hosts then finished the show with their catchphrase and all the other guests joined in for the closure.

 

“And... cut! That’s a wrap everyone! Let’s get dinner!” The director’s voice boomed.

 

“Thank you so much!” The farewell from the entire cast echoed throughout the studio.

 

Go Won bowed to all the staff and filming crew. The other guests that came on the show gave her encouraging pats on the back for a job well done.

 

The blonde artist spotted her manager just by the door. Sooyoung easily towered over most of the crowd, so she shook her arm in the air to signal that they had to get going.

 

She locked her gaze on her target and made a beeline to reach her. She was halfway there when someone taller than her not blocked her view but also her way. She couldn’t believe Olivia Hye was standing in front of her.

 

“I’m a really big fan!” The girl bowed over 90 degrees and Chaewon almost chuckled out loud from the over-enthusiasm.

 

She could tell she was forcing it, but then again she used to do the same thing once upon a time.

 

“It was very nice to get to film with you.” The rookie idol added as she came back up.

 

Go Won noticed her hair had grown longer compared to her music video. She also dyed it to a gorgeous navy color that you couldn’t notice unless light hit her directly. Olivia had her image come off as strong but the shorter girl could tell there was a little shakiness to the girl’s voice. She was either nervous or she was naturally shy.

 

“I saw your interview this morning on The Late Show about how you would like to collaborate with me and I couldn’t believe it.”

 

Oh God, no. 

 

She didn’t want to give the girl false hopes. Go Won didn’t want to be mean but she also didn’t have the time to stay back and mingle. Her company director would have her head on a platter if she  didn’t make it to their monthly meeting, which she was already sure she would not arrive on time to.

 

“Listen, you’re great. I truly like your sound, and the direction you’re going with your music looks promising. But I really have to get going.”

 

Go Won didn’t even wait for the girl to reply, and side-stepped past her. She didn’t think much about Olivia after that since Sooyoung’s scolding about punctuality had her distracted. The meeting also had taken her mind off Olivia even more as the company decided that it was time to start planning for her solo concert.

 

Go Won couldn’t believe it! After all these years, finally she would get to stand on a stage filled with people that loved her and her music. Her mind became occupied dreaming of the future, and physically she was training everyday practicing new choreographies for her songs. It was a miracle how she still wasn’t behind in school, although she still got to skip a few days from time to time.

 

She didn’t really have many close friends to check up on her so no one ever suspected anything. If anything they probably thought she was sick all the time. Even if someone noticed she had been gone, no one told her anything. Part of her wished that she had more people that cared about her but the other part was glad with the way things were, because it just made it easier to keep her secret.

 

—☆★°•°•°★☆—☆★°•°•°★☆—

 

It wasn’t until a few weeks later that she met Olivia Hye at a music show. It was Loona’s last stage and Olivia had just made a comeback. Go Won right then and there remembered her last encounter with the girl and it definitely didn’t look pretty. She hoped to apologize and hopefully make things right once again.

 

Unsurprisingly, Loona had been the winner on this week’s show once again. She had swept every single music show she attended and until the very end of her promotions she won every single time. She gave her thank you speech, and once her encore was over, she headed to the waiting rooms.

 

She had a few hours before she had to leave for her next schedule to Radio Rainbow, the most popular radio show in the country. It had a 95% tune-in record so really the only people that didn’t listen were people that didn’t listen to the radio at all.

 

The blonde made her way to the other side of the hallway, were the rookie idols usually stayed at. She was looking for Olivia Hye like she was on a mission. Many younger groups and idols she encountered on the way greeted her enthusiastically. She gave them words of encouragement briefly and then kept going.

 

Nothing was going to stop her from talking to Olivia Hye. She had even looked up the girl’s profile some time ago and remembered they weren’t that different in age. Go Won felt dumb for thinking this but maybe they could be friends or something. She really wasn’t kidding with wanting to get closer to her.

 

She finally reached her destination, but she was bummed to find out Olivia had already left. The waiting room was empty and Go Won had missed her Vance again. The petite artist sighed in disappointment. There was nothing she could do about it now. Today was her last day of promotions till who-knew-when so she probably wouldn’t meet the girl face to face any time soon.

 

Go Won simply walked back dejectedly, deciding to stop by the bathroom since it was on her way. She almost gasped out loud when she found the girl she wanted to talk to right in front of her washing her hands.

 

Contrary to their initial interaction when they first met, this time Olivia didn’t even give her a once over. She had obviously seen her through the mirror, but the girl kept on washing her hands like nothing.

 

Okay... Go Won wasn’t going to lie, that was honestly a little weird. She put it to the back of her mind however. She was really glad to have found her and to have the opportunity to talk.

 

She gave the girl one of her best smiles. “Hey, we meet again.”

 

Olivia once again didn’t even look up. It was as if Go Won was invisible. The blonde’s smile automatically fell. 

 

Alright, Go Won really was taking it personal now. 

 

What the hell? 

 

Was she purposely ignoring her?

 

The navy-haired girl reached for a paper tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter