Promotions and Demotions

On Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold night. Even if the moon was high up in the sky, indicating how late it already was, people were still walking around with their hands stuffed firmly in their pockets. Lovers held each other’s hands and businessmen rushed to reach the trains soon to depart.

Nayeon looked around with a frown on her face. She swirled her fingers and created an image of Jeongyeon, eager to see the girl.

She gathers that Jeongyeon was in a bar. Of course she would be, Nayeon thinks. It’s a Friday.

She teleported immediately towards Jeongyeon’s position. She took a few moments to stop and blink her eyes rapidly to give herself some time to adapt to the quiet bar.

“Yoo Jeongyeon.” Nayeon mutters, approaching the girl who was now sitting at the corner of one of the less known bars in the city. She pressed her palm flat against the table and stared into the girl’s eyes, boring into her soul and trying to figure out how the other girl’s mind worked.

“I feel like I’ve seen you before…” Jeongyeon says, squinting as she tried to take a better look at Nayeon. She takes a sip from her shake – a Jack Daniel’s rocky road milkshake that sounds weird at first, but definitely worth it when you try it. She played with the straw, swirling her shake around before she patted the spot next to her. “I gotta give you some props for being this persistent.” Jeongyeon says when she spots the confused look on Nayeon’s face. “Jeez, children are so stubborn nowadays.”

Nayeon pretended that she didn’t hear the last statement Jeongyeon said. She sat down grumpily and huffed, not suiting the leather jacket she wore with her white polo – and most definitely not suiting the ‘demon’ title. She was too adorable for that.

“I don’t get it,” Nayeon says, furrowing her eyebrows when she realized that Jeongyeon wasn’t even looking at her. “What does it take for you to come home with me?” Nayeon felt so frustrated, she felt like she needed a drink too.

“If that’s all you want, you really should leave.” Jeongyeon mutters, already halfway through her shake. “I’m not into flirts like you.”

“F-Flirt?” Nayeon exclaims, nearly standing up from the shock. “How dare you call me a flirt? I’m not one of those succulent succubi that –“Nayeon takes a deep breath, taking in the blank stare Jeongyeon was giving her. She ran a hand through her hair and tugged at it stressfully. “You know what? I swear that you’re gonna pay for this.”

She disappeared in thin air, and for a second, Jeongyeon asked herself if she was drunk from just a shake. She shook her head, however, brushing the odd incident as a trick of the wind. She munched on some chips along with her shake – occasionally typing some words on her phone because work just can’t seem to get away from her.

In an instant, Nayeon was back in hell. She spotted Sana who was talking to one of the minor demons, someone completely irrelevant to Nayeon. She grabs Sana, not caring about the confused look from the minor demon and the upset expression plastered on Sana’s face. She dragged Sana to her room, frustrated over the events that happened a little while ago.

“I swear I’m gonna kill her, Sana.” Nayeon seethes, gritt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter