Donghyuck - 20

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyuck!” Grinning, he threw another snowball in the direction of his boyfriend of one and a half years. It had been a while since they had seen each other – the elder had decided to go back to Canada for university and Donghyuck still wasn’t fluent enough in English to meet him alone. However, through a mutual agreement, they decided to try long distance and did their very best to make it work. For now, it was enough.

 

Mark Lee will always be enough.

 

“Take that, hyung!” he shouted, throwing another one and nearly slipping in the process. Donghyuck was so relieved when he was able to keep his balance for in the inside pocket of his oversized denim jacket lay a special red velvet box with a nice little silver band – no diamonds, he knew Mark wasn’t that fond of diamond rings. They had been through many trials and tribulations but Donghyuck wouldn’t have had it any other way. Sure, it had been tough, but it had shaped them into who they were today and Donghyuck wanted them to continue growing – together.

 

“What are you thinking about?”

 

Donghyuck felt a soft smile make its way onto his lips and leaned up to press a kiss on the corner of Mark’s lips, their little sign of reassuring the other that they had developed over blanket fort dates.

 

“Just about how I missed you,” he lied easily, considering how it hadn’t exactly been a complete lie.

“Liar, you’re thinking of something else too,” Mark responded immediately, his gloved hand finding Donghyuck’s own and leading them to a mall that would surely have the heater on. “What’s got you actually thinking?”

“Hey, I think!” he protested and pouted, earning a half-hearted apology from his boyfriend who was also giggling throughout his words. “And it was just everything that happened last year. I know we’re over it but…I can’t help but feel guilty that I-”

“Ok stop right there,” Mark interrupted and Donghyuck felt the elder’s hands caress his hips as he pulled their bodies closer, not caring about the looks they received from people passing by. “I forgave you. I was in the wrong too. It’s been a year and I know you’ve loved every second we interacted. Don’t feel guilty, please.”

“But I can’t help but feel guilty, you know?” he sighed, looking up at the elder meekly and biting his lip slightly. “And everyone still bullies Renjun and I just-”

“Feel guilty for that too?” Mark supplied for him and Donghyuck found himself nodding in agreement. “Donghyuck, that isn’t something you can control, and you know that. Stop feeling like you’re responsible all the damn time because, news flash, you’re not.”

“But hyung, I-”

“But nothing. Come on, I didn’t come all this way to listen to you mope about how some lowlife is better than you.” Donghyuck watched as Mark took off his gloves, their bodies warmer due to the heat that was inside the mall. “Plus, I uh…have something to give to you.”

“Oh? Mark Lee got me something?” he teased, knowing that Mark rarely gave him physical gifts since they both thought that those were superficial. “Who are you?”

“Can you give me this moment for once without the witty remarks?” Amused, Donghyuck mimed zipping his lips shut and waited for the elder to continue. “Wow, okay, I didn’t think you would but uh…Donghyuck, I never knew I liked boys until I saw you. I mean, sure, boys are cute and all, but I never felt attraction until I saw you at the first showcase and you’re still as stunning as you were then. You…you’re amazing and I hope you know that so I…I um…” Donghyuck continued to watch as Mark pulled out a box from his pocket, navy velvet looking soft under the elder’s fingers.

 

Wait…is he going to propose? Hang on, I’m also-

 

“I know we’re young and all and this seems like a really big step but…” Donghyuck watched with wide eyes as Mark knelt on one knee, the elder’s gloves being put gently on the ground next to him. “And just because I’m doing this doesn’t mean that we need to make it happen tomorrow, okay? It’s just, well, you’re graduating this year and I didn’t want to wait any longer so…” He couldn’t help the sharp inhale as Mark opened the box to reveal a shiny silver ring with a single diamond stud. It was simple and everything that Donghyuck could have hoped for. “Lee Donghyuck, will you marry me sometime in the distant future?” He felt the tears spring to his eyes and opened his mouth to find that his voice had decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter