Mark - 11

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mark walked through the hallways of SM High the day after the screenshots had been posted online, the first thing he noticed was the lack of stares on his form.

 

It was if everyone were avoiding his eyes, some going out of their way to walk on the opposite side of the halls than him.

 

And to be frank, it was driving Mark crazy.

 

“Poor Mark…his crush betrays him and then his friend does…”

“I didn’t think that he would…I didn’t think any of them would…”

“Sh! There are two more!”

 

Two more? What’s going on?

 

At first, he had thought that someone had vandalised his locker again but when his feet stopped in front of his locker, it was untouched. Pristine.

 

Perfect.

 

“Mark-hyung!”

 

Turning around, he saw Jeno running towards him, eyes teary and the younger’s mere presence was enough to cause everyone to whisper again.

 

“Jeno? What’s wrong?” He asked once the younger stopped in front of him, tear stains running down his cheeks as regret and anger swam in his eyes. Jeno, what happened?

“The website! Oh my god, hyung,” Jeno started, gasping for air at the end of the sentence and swallowing thickly - the sight made Mark worry more than ever. “Herin’s a ing liar!”

“What?” He asked, vaguely remembering Herin to be a quite popular girl who was two years below him and someone who Jeno had repeatedly met between soccer practices. “What does Herin have to do with this?”

“She…hyung, have you not seen it yet?” He heard Jeno ask and only responded with a confused face - one that was met with a scoff before the younger was shoving a phone into his hand and he was staring down at another post from the same anonymous account with a heart as the profile picture.

 

There was a photo of himself and his friends at the burger joint, his face stationed in the far right of the screen and looking towards someone on the far left. The other’s head was smaller which was to be expected since he was stationed several tables away, his light brown hair shining even in the picture as he had a smug smile plastered on his lips. Hina was in the shot, laughing alongside Yeri and Yukhei but their faces were blurred slightly, much like his own - the focus being on the sole person several tables away. He even saw Jeno and Jaemin who were sitting at the other table with Jaemin patting some junior’s head and Jeno hurriedly eating the burger that Yukhei had paid for. Mark wasn’t a genius but he knew who had been sitting in that seat on that day and who must have taken the picture.

 

However, the caption was worse.

 

Hello, again! The news team really doesn’t bring in a lot of the latest news, does it? To spice things up, here’s a little picture that was shared to me by a very VERY dear friend of mine - she truly is an angel. This was during the texts that they were sharing and I think it’s so adorable! But that’s not what I’m here for. Mark Lee and Lee Donghyuck, you two are surely confused over who would have done this right? After all, not everyone goes around recording conversations and going into the broadcast room which is why the picture below is such a blessing! For those of you who don’t know, the broadcast room which was used was the news team’s and each member has their own key. You might think that I stole this one but I didn’t. The owner gave it to me willingly and we’re actually pretty close! I don’t think he’s noticed that I’ve never given it back yet.

 

Below that caption was another picture, one of half of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter