Mark - 2

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Later’ ended up being two hours after the showcase ended when he was safely in bed at home and face timing Yukhei. The small ding! of his phone as the notification appeared startled him and Yukhei raised his eyebrow at his friend’s sudden uneasiness. 

 

“There something wrong?” He heard the slightly older male ask and shook his head, not wanting the other to worry.

“Just someone,” He said as Yukhei raised his eyebrows and started wiggling them while bringing the camera closer to his face as if he could see Mark’s screen. 

“What kind of someone?” Honestly…what kind of person do you think I am, Wong Yukhei?

“Just a stranger kind of someone,” He answered, already feeling an oncoming headache as he rolled his eyes. “I’ll join the group Skype later. See you.”

“Very vague and mysterious…I’m going to get to the bottom of this, Mark Lee! If it’s Donghyuck, you better tell me!” Yukhei exclaimed before he pressed the red button and ended the call, heart beating faster at the mention of his name and the memories of his voice. Without wasting anymore time, Mark opened up the chat with the stranger that he had recently been talking with. 

 

Some RANDOM Stranger

 

Yo, you dead?

 

No, but I wish I was

 

Chuckling to himself at the string of eye emojis that the other had sent, Mark found himself smiling as he continued to type. 

 

Just some crush problems along with bad friend choices

 

I can relate

 

The guy I like is kinda…dumb?

 

Like he’s book smart

 

But he also kinda

 

Confused, Mark sat up straighter in bed as he peered down at the messages on the phone.

 

Why do you like him, then?

 

Cause he’s a good person 

 

Like a prince in a fairy tale

 

“He really likes fairy tales…” He mumbled to himself, furrowing his eyebrows as the next message came in the middle of when he was typing a reply.

 

Some RANDOM Stranger

 

Anyway, you mentioned you liked a sarcastic kid

 

Bet he isn’t better than me

 

You’re right, he’s on a whole other level than you

 

Mark couldn’t resist laughing at the string of random letters and numbers that ensued, already deciding that he didn’t mind this stranger who seemed to be delusional. 

 

Some RANDOM Stranger

 

CNB4895RETCYJ928QCRTNWFNSXUEUAI

 

He sounds like a douchebag

 

You’re not number one

 

Uhhh

 

Sorry, I need something to call you

 

No problem, I need a name for you too

 

Call me………………

 

HAECHAN

 

Chuckling and changing the other’s contact name from ‘Some RANDOM Stranger’ to ‘Some RANDOM Haechan’, Mark contemplated on what name he should give the other so that he could stop being a stranger to him as well. After a while, Mark decided on just letting Haechan decide on a name for him since he couldn’t think of anything creative. 

 

Some RANDOM Haechan

 

Hello, stranger

 

I need a name for you too, genius

 

So needy omg

 

Just make one up for me

 

Then…………………..

 

You will be………………….

 

CASTER MEOW

 

“What the actual ?!” He exclaimed to himself in English, not really realising that he had slipped into his mother tongue that he learnt in Canada. “Caster Meow? What kind of a name is that?!”

 

Some RANDOM Haechan

 

What kind of a name is that?

 

You said I could choose so I did

 

Be grateful, asswipe

 

You barely know me and you’re already insulting me

 

Babe, that happened ages ago

 

“Babe?” He questioned, reading the new message over and over again to ensure that he didn’t misread anything. “Babe?” He found himself echoing as new messages came in, one after the other.

 

Some RANDOM Haechan

 

Too soon?

 

Or maybe you don’t like me calling you that

 

Makes sense since you’ve got a crush

 

Speaking of

 

Tell me more about your crush 

 

“, what do I say?” He asked no one in particular since he was the only one in his bedroom and downstairs was where his cousin, Taeyong, was kissing (and/or ing) his boyfriend, this one guy who moved from Japan. 

 

Some RANDOM Haechan

 

Uh….he’s….nice?

 

Why the ?

 

Because I don’t really know him

 

*GASP*

 

YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR CRUSH

 

No

 

*BIGGER GASP*

 

Wait like personally?

 

YES PERSONALLY OMFG

 

Mark brought his hand up to his forehead in a facepalm, already not believin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter