Donghyuck - 6

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why the would I want to get burgers at the same joint the popular clique goes to?” He asked, looking at Renjun with a look of disbelief as Jisung, Chenle and Souen tried very little to hide their snickers. Soccer practice had been done for a while and Jaemin and Jeno had visited them to tell them to meet up at the burger joint down the road.

“Because we’re using it as an opportunity to plan an investigation?” Renjun tried, Donghyuck knowing that his best friend was referring to the junior that he had seen recording Mark and Yukhei’s conversation earlier. “Plus, Jaemin and Jeno will be there too.”

“I really want to find out who it is,” Soeun piped up, her large eyes showing so much concern. “Only God knows what those two were talking about.”

“You don’t think it’s anything that’ll be used to target Yukhei-ge, do you?” Chenle asked as they began to walk towards the burger joint, leaving Jisung to text Jeno of their whereabouts. “Yukhei-ge is a clumsy angel, who would want to hurt him?”

“What if they’re not aiming for Wong Yukhei?” He asked, already regretting how they were steps closer to the burger joint that he originally didn’t want to go to but would sit down and talk with everyone at.

“And what? They’re there for petty gossip on Mark Lee?” Jisung asked sarcastically, the harsh words stabbing at his pride since he knew that there was a possibility that Mark Lee wasn’t as boring as he seemed to be. “That would be sad. Mark Lee is new but he’s also Mark Lee.”

“I don’t get why you guys put him on a pedestal,” He voiced, truly not knowing why people immediately made Mark to be someone more than human. “He’s just like us.”

“Are you serious?” Soeun asked as they stepped inside the fast food joint, floating towards an empty table that was in the nearly empty place. “Befriending Wong Yukhei is a feat in itself but becoming the next possible candidate for the soccer team and rising to be first in English…that’s godly.”

“He’s still human,” He shrugged off, sitting down and setting his bag on the back of his seat that had previously been underneath the bench when he was sitting at the fields.

“Either way, we don’t know what they’re going to do with it,” Renjun interrupted before a pointless argument ensued. “But, as the news team, we have to be as nosy as we can be and let the truth surface!”

“Hyung, I want a burger,” Jisung said in reply while looking at Renjun who had determination slowly fading away in his eyes at the younger’s words. Wordlessly, Renjun sighed and pulled out his wallet while chucking a few notes at the younger.

“I want one too,” He heard Renjun state as Jisung eyed the table for any other orders.

“Milkshake!” Soeun shouted, handing over a small amount of notes just as Chenle handed over his card.

“Burger please, Sungie,” Chenle said, looking up at Jisung with an expression that made Donghyuck feel sick with how much adoration was packed into three seconds.

“Just fries,” He ordered, handing Jisung some money that was probably just enough for fries. Watching the youngest nod his head and walk to the register to recite all of their orders and pay, Donghyuck couldn’t help his eyes wandering to the new group of people who had entered the store. Much to his dismay, it was the popular clique that would have been easy to hate if they were actually bad people. He saw Jaemin and Jeno wave excitedly at them, causing him to shyly wave back before he saw a happy and relaxed expression on the face of Mark Lee - the same Mark Lee who was Caster Meow, the same Mark Lee who had given him such vague answers and the same Mark Lee that he secretly hoped was-

 

“Hyung? Here are your fries.”

 

The deep voice of Jisung snapped him out of his inner reminiscing of the one interest that went by the name of Mark Lee.

 

“Thanks, Jisung,” He said, not even bothering to look and see the shocked expressions of everyone around him. “What?”

“You hardly say thanks,” Chenle pointed out and he shrugged, not really caring about the curious looks being given his way.

“I can say thanks if I want to, you know!” He let out, frustrated that his friends viewed him as someone who stooped that low to not even have any basic manners.

“Has Mark Lee finally made you change your ways?” He heard Renjun ask him, the other holding a hand over his mouth as his eyes glistened with unfilled tears.

“What the heck?!” He asked, staring at Renjun whose breathing had become shallower. “I don’t even know Mark Lee like that!”

“Please, Caster Meow? That’s Mark Lee,” Soeun pointed out and he rolled his eyes at the devil couple who had ganged up on him just as Jeno and Jaemin arrived.

“What’s this about a Caster Meow and Mark-hyung?” Jeno asked, glancing between them before glancing at Jaemin who raised an eyebrow, neither bothering to move to sit down.

“Is there something we should know, Hyuck?” Jaemin asked with a smile resembling a demon on his face. Oh no, Na Jaemin…I know what that smile means.

“You wish there was something to know,” He retorted, glaring at the younger and then glaring at Jeno as he tried to steal from his pile of fries.

“Donghyuck-hyung likes Mark Lee!” Chenle shouted, causing him to jump up and put his hand against the other’s mouth, glaring holes into the younger Chinese male’s eyes as he felt his cheeks burn.

“Really? The Mark Lee?” Jeno asked, glancing back at the line where Mark was with Yukhei and the same table that was occupied by Kim Yerim, Ko Eunji and Nakamura Hina. “That Mark Lee?” He heard Jeno ask, the older pointing at Mark who seemed concerned.

 

“No,” He protested, taking a deep breath and calmly sitting back down in his seat as Jaemin stole one of his precious fries. “I do not like Mark Lee.”

“Then why do you stare so much, hyung?” Jisung asked innocently and Donghyuck could practically see the devil horns that were threatening to sprout from the younger’s mop of hair.

“You know when you just zone out and stare somewhere in front of you?” He asked, watching as Jisung nodded his head and Renjun raised an eyebrow. “Mark’s face just happens to be there.”

“Pretty sure you were checking him out earlier but anyway,” Renjun commented as he rolled his eyes and stole a quick glance at the line where Mark Lee was, finding that he had moved off to the pick up area and hissing something out to Yukhei who seemed unbothered. “Either way, we’re here for a plan!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter