Mark - 16

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Quite the statement you put out there, hyung.” Mark found himself smiling at Renjun’s words, feeling an odd sense of pride run through his veins. “Wish I had the guts to do something like that.”

“Why don’t you?” Jeno asked and Mark found himself nodding in agreement as they entered the backstage area of the theatre, all waiting for Donghyuck to walk out and greet them. Mark vaguely remembered Chenle saying something about having to help with make-up and another actor.

“Oh, Jeno,” Renjun started, sighing and staring up at him with sad eyes that held more emotions than what Renjun’s body was revealing. “Things like this only work if your feelings are reciprocated.”

“But they are?” Jeno questioned and Mark caught a glimpse of hope in Renjun’s eyes, curiosity slowly taking over his being. “Soeun is in love with you.”

“Jeno…” Renjun sighed out, hanging his head and Mark found more questions flying around in his head. “Not everything is about Soeun.”

 

He was about to speak when he saw a familiar tanned male exit the backstage door and called him over, the need to see his smaller boyfriend overpowering his curiosity.

 

“Hey guys!” Donghyuck greeted, hugging Renjun first and then pinching Jeno’s cheeks before Mark’s long-awaited kiss on the cheek was given. “It’s nice to see all of you here.”

“It’s nice to watch you sing the opening again,” Jeno replied, voice soothing and Mark took a short glance at Renjun fidgeting. “Even if your greeting was a little off.”

“Yeah, what was up with that?!” He heard Renjun shout and laughed alongside Jeno as Renjun rocked his best friend back and forth. “I’m trying to clear my name, not make it worse!”

 

“Hyuck, nice job!”

 

Letting his eyes slide, Mark saw Jaemin run up to them, his movements resembling a puppy.

 

“Donghyuck!”

 

Turning towards the other, much higher voice, Mark was only a tiny bit surprised at Yeri coming towards them with a water bottle in her hands.

 

She used to give out water bottles. I’m glad that hasn’t changed with everything.

 

“Here,” Yeri said gently, smile brightening when Donghyuck took it and Mark found his own smile surface at his close friend and boyfriend interacting. “For your throat. You did great, by the way. I’m happy you two are finally setting things right.” Mark made sure to smile wide at Yeri before moving to give Donghyuck a kiss on his head because he looked adorable confused.

“Yeri.” Mark felt his heart drop at the venomous tone that came with Jaemin’s voice as he watched Jaemin literally snatch the poor bottle out of Donghyuck’s hands. “Don’t drink whatever she brings, Hyuck. It’ll only do more harm than what it’s worth.”

“I brought that to give to Donghyuck,” Yeri stated, icy smile replacing her gentle one before she took the bottle back and shoved it back in Donghyuck’s hands. “Not for you to steal.”

“Stay the away from my friends.” He heard Jaemin hiss and found it ironic since he was literally friends with both of them.

“Guys,” he intervened, feeling the tension rise as Jaemin and Yeri glared at each other. “Let’s not get too hasty-”

“Donghyuck is dating Mark and Mark is my friend,” Yeri intercepted while crossing her arms, making him sigh since he had anticipated that they wouldn’t listen to him. “I’m willing to know my friend’s boyfriend. You got a problem with that, Jaemin-sshi?”

“Actually, yes I ing do,” Jaemin answered, his voice low and Mark felt a headache coming at having to be the one to fix this situation. “You’re not worth their time so do us a favour and stay the away.”

“Jaemin!” He heard Jeno shout, watching the younger reach to pull Jaemin back only for Jaemin to slap his hand away from him.

“You don’t ing rule them, Jaemin,” Yeri said, continuing as if nothing had happened and gesturing to all of them standing there. “If you try to control them, you’re doing the exact same thing Koeun did to Soeun and Herin.”

“I’m not on the same level as your crew.” Even Mark felt as if that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter