Mark - 3

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Mark! You never ended up joining our group Skype,” Yeri greeted him when he had met up with everyone for lunch the day after he had managed to sustain a full conversation with Lee Donghyuck - the unique, sarcastic and funny guy that was an inspiration really. Why couldn’t he just write about himself in the freaking article? Why me?!

“Uh…yeah…some guy ended up coming to my place for an interview,” He replied, hoping that it sounded unimportant but felt his stomach twist and drop when Jeno, Jaemin and Yukhei all turned to look at him with a knowing look, past activities forgotten. “What?”

“Who was it?” Jeno asked him, pure curiosity in his irises as Mark tried to steady his breathing since his heart had begun to beat erratically at the thought of him. He couldn’t help but hesitate since no one present, other than Yukhei, knew about how he was not straight. 

“Was he cute?” Yeri asked him, eyes shining as she awaited his answer next to Koeun and Hina. “Tell us, Mark! We need to set Koeun up with someone!”

“I told you, I’m fine with being single, Yeri!” Koeun whined as Hina laughed and tapped the older girl’s shoulder. 

“Koeun-nee, there he is!” Hina whispered loudly as she pointed to Park Jihoon who was walking with his best friend, Park Woojin. Everyone at the table couldn’t hold back their laughter when Koeun slapped Hina’s arm, face burning a bright pink. 

“So who went to your place?” Jaemin asked, leaning on Jeno as he looked up lazily at Mark in curiosity. “You never really told us who it was.”

“Just Lee Donghyuck,” He mumbled, wincing when Yukhei spat out the apple juice that he was currently drinking. 

“Just Lee Donghyuck?!” Yukhei exclaimed and Mark had to use every single little piece of self control that he had to not punch the other right now. 

“Yes, just Lee Donghyuck,” He reinforced, shooting the other a glare as a smirk appeared on Yukhei’s face.

“Sure thing, dude,” Yukhei mumbled as everyone else glanced between them at the table. “Sure.” What the hell are you implying?

“Oh! Lee Donghyuck as in news team’s Lee Donghyuck?” Hina asked, her accent slightly butchering her words as her hands waved around in the air.

“Yeah, he wanted an interview from me,” He replied as Jeno and Jaemin both hosted similar surprised expressions. 

“I thought he would just text you,” Jaemin commented, eyebrows furrowing as his mind began to work overtime. 

“For him to do that, he’s have to have my number,” He pointed out, snorting a bit at the possibility of his crush knowing his number and willingly texting him as he finally sat between Yukhei and Yeri, opposite the other four. He noticed Jeno and Jaemin share a look before his phone vibrated with a new message.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter