Mark - 17

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That is an actual death drink, you know that, right?” he asked, staring at the male in front of him who sadly nodded and took a sip of his coffee which as apparently better than Mark’s own hot chocolate. “Jaemin, you have to start from the beginning.” They had relocated to a small café near the school, just the two of them so Mark could at least try and be a better older friend.

“It started when I saw Renjun in the halls-”

“Jaemin, I don’t need to know-” Mark promptly closed his mouth when Jaemin sent him a glare, pout momentarily gone and replaced with a thin line. “So…uh, you saw Renjun in the halls?”

“Yeah! He was so pretty and just like stood out like some royal, I don’t even know,” Jaemin started, his words awfully sounding like how Mark had felt when he saw Donghyuck for the first time. “But like I didn’t see him for half a year after that.”

“What?!” he interrupted, hand stopping halfway from reaching for his hot chocolate.

“Yeah…it took me a while to befriend that group and even then, Jeno did most of the work,” Jaemin sheepishly admitted, chuckling before swallowing and pouting once more. “I was real confused when I met Yeri-noona and got all these butterflies and but…”

“You got them around Renjun?” Mark supplied only to be met with Jaemin’s head shaking.

“Jeno, hyung. Jeno,” Jaemin stated, nodding in self satisfaction as he somehow remembered an important point. “We were in the library one day studying for English and complaining how it would be better if you were there, but you were in Canada and uh…”

“You realised your feelings for Jeno while talking about how I was in Canada?!” Mark questioned, staring at the younger incredulously. Jaemin, on the other hand, simply shrugged.

“You can’t rush these things, hyung,” Jaemin commented as if he were the one giving Mark advice on the topic. “But Jeno is like the straightest person on earth and Renjun liked Soeun at the time so I just…”

“Went for Yeri?” Mark felt some form of self-satisfaction grow in him when he saw Jaemin nod solemnly. “Look, Jaemin. That was before but this is now – they’re literally right in your grasp!”

“I can’t!” Jaemin protested, slamming a fist down on the table and shaking their drinks. “Renjun deserves someone who looks just as much as a prince and Jeno needs a girl!”

 

“Were you really not listening to them?” he asked, not believing for a second t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter