Mark - 10

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you all here now?” He asked, obviously tired as he stood confused at the meeting that had taken place in his living room when he was showering to relax. Yeri was seated in Jaemin’s lap, the couple having taken one spot on the couch, as Jeno sat next to them and smiled at him sheepishly. Yukhei seemed somewhat proud of himself as he sat on the arm of the couch as both Hina and Koeun were on the floor with pillows and blankets next to them.

“Surprise?” Hina asked, bringing her hands up in a bad attempt at getting the situation under control. “Okay, no surprise but um…we’re here for hugs?”

“Mark,” Yeri called from where she was on Jaemin’s lap, her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at him. “We were thinking that maybe we could go and try and get this person by ourselves? I’ve emailed the school and they said that they’re looking into it but you know what SM High is like.”

“No I don’t,” He stated harshly, venom dripping from his words as he glared at all of them. “I don’t know what SM High is like because this is literally my second year here and I barely know where the bathrooms are.”

“Mark, I think you should know what happened to Donghyuck,” Jaemin stated, obviously trying a different approach that caused Mark to narrow his eyes down at him. “I think it’ll help you understand his side of this and make you stop ignoring him.”

“Yeah, he was really worried for you, you know,” Jeno commented, shaking his head at him. “We wanted to be there for him and come to you after to avoid making you feel anxious but he insisted that we make sure you’re okay first.”

 

Donghyuck…put me first?

 

“ing bull,” He whispered, sitting down next to Koeun who seemed to be lost in her own thoughts as Yukhei settled on his other side. 

“You know that’s not true,” Yukhei replied softly, massaging the back of his neck to get him to relax. “You told me many times that Donghyuck is an angel.”

“Shut up,” He protested quietly, covering his face as he tried to fight back the oncoming blush that came with Yukhei’s words. 

“We were thinking of trying to predict the next attack,” Hina informed him, her phone out as she started scrolling through the school website. “The first was a recording, the second were screenshots…so what’s the third going to be?”

“Confrontation?” Jeno suggested but Yeri only shook her head as Jaemin sighed.

“Jeno, this person hasn’t revealed themselves at all and you think they’re going to walk up to hyung just like that?” Jaemin asked and Mark tried not to notice the hurt expression on the younger’s face.

“What about a picture?” Koeun suggested before the argument could go too far, everyone turning towards her as she shrugged. “It’s just a hunch. Mark, you said that Donghyuck talked to you after the announcement, right?” Vaguely remembering telling someone that piece of information, he nodded. “Then, what if someone took a picture and posted it?”

“How the do we stop a picture from going viral on the school website?” Yukhei asked, looking like he was thinking harder than he had ever thought in years. “Can’t we report the account?”

“You think I haven’t done that?” Hina asked harshly, shaking her head as she sighed. “I’ve been messaging everyone I know to report the account and now, the report count won’t even go up. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“Won’t they take it down?” Jeno asked, tilting his head slightly as he stared at Hina. “If no one else can report it, then they’ll surely do something, right?”

“That’s what I hope but you know SM High…” Hina trailed off, releasing a groan at the end of the sentence. “Best school ever. Hashtag, let me die in peace because es don’t know how to respect others.”

“Which brings us back to our main point,” Yeri stated, looking at him in worry. “Mark, do you want to know about what happened to Donghyuck?”

 

After a brief second of contemplating it, Mark nodded since curiosity had gotten the better of him and maybe he did want to know why Donghyuck acted the way he did.

 

“Wait, I want to know about this too,” Yukhei piped up and Jaemin sighed as Jeno rubbed his arm, bad memories obviously playing in both of their minds. Makes sense since they’re friends with Donghyuck too.

“Well, it was a normal day at school when suddenly this one locker was decorated with a bunch of rainbows that each had the word ‘’ in them,” Hina started, eyes not leaving her phone as she described the events of that day. “It was horrible. People laughed at it and took pictures to put on their Instagram because they found it funny. I…I was there when Donghyuck arrived because we were all curious about the locker’s owner…and when Donghyuck saw it…he…he silently ripped off all the rainbows, opened his locker and got his books and walked away. I saw him dispose the rainbows before swiftly turning into the boys’ bathroom and I never saw him again that day.”

 

I was so touched I cried and ran to the bathroom, locked the stall door and stayed until the bell for end of day rang.

 

“He…he was crying,” He explained for Donghyuck since everyone seemed confused as to why Donghyuck hadn’t been seen for the rest of that day. “He…he told me over text. He stayed there until the bell for the end of the day rang.”

“ing hell,” Jaemin let out, leaning forward ad resting his forehead on Yeri’s shoulder. “I thought he faked being sick and went home.”

“I thought he skipped,” Jeno answered honestly, guilt in his eyes before he shook his head. “Donghyuck didn’t show up at school for the next three days.”

“But when he did…there was this huge poster on the wall of the cafeteria at lunch,” Yeri said, hands drawing a large rectangle in the air to show how big the poster had been. “It said ‘want free s? Lee Donghyuck has you covered!’ with a picture of Donghyuck’s face that had streaks of white paint that probably was meant to look like .”

“And the school didn’t do anything?” He asked, being met with everyone shaking their heads. “Why?”

“Because if you ignore something for long enough, it doesn’t exist apparently,” Hina answered sarcastically

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter