Chapter 6

Bittersweet

Narrator's POV;

"Okay..." You obliged hesitantly and went to take the empty seat next to him near the windows. 'Why him out of all people?', you thought. 

 You could feel most of the girls glaring at you or giving you dirty looks. Well L.Joe is one of the school's kingkas so he does have many fangirls who probably want to kill you just about now. 

 You put your stuff down and got out the things you needed for math class. It was really awkward for you both to be seated next to each other so you just tried to act like he wasn't there and avoid any eye contact with him. As the class proceded you sat in your seat bored out of your mind because you already know all the correct answers to the questions since you've already been taught a lot. You started doodling in your notebook instead to occupy yourself. You would glance at L. Joe ever so often only to find him staring back at you. 

 When you were doodling you accidently dropped your ereaser. However, before you could reach for it he already picked it up for you. 

 "Here.." He said and handed you your ereaser back. You were at lost for words and simply took it back without thanking him.

 Once math class was over you were putting things back into your backpack and you were about to leave until you heard him call your name.

"______."

 You tried ignoring it and continued walking until you felt him grab your hand.

'What does he want?' You tried breaking away from his grasp but he was too strong for you.

"Let go," You commanded.

"I just wanna talk..." He said. You stopped trying to break away and stayed silent. It was useless anyways since he had a firm grip on you and you might as well listen to what he has to say.

"I know." You replied. "But what's the point in telling me now?"  

"I just... I don't want you to be mad at me or hate m--"

"I'm not mad at you," you cutted him off. And you really weren't mad at him for leaving you back then.

Your POV;

"I'm not mad at you," I stated. How could I be? I know he had to leave... It really did hurt when he left though but there's no way I could be mad at him for that. He was the first one to appreciate me for who I am. He was the one who taught me how to open up to people. I was so selfish because I couldn't take the fact that he would be leaving. I'm mad at myself because of that. I shouldn't be treating him like this.. I should be grateful to even have had someone like him. 

 "I-I have to go." I said and broke out of his grip, leaving him standing there.

Narrator's POV;

 Before you knew it, it was already lunch break. You didn't have any 'friends' to eat with actually most of the girls hate you, so you decided to get your lunch from your locker and find somewhere to eat in peace. As you were walking down the hallway you weren't paying any attention as to where you were going and accidently bumped into someone. 

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," you apologized.

"No problem." The person responded. You looked up only to see that it was L. Joe. He offered you his hand and you reluctantly took it. Things just weren't the same between you guys after he left. It was like you guys were strangers to each other.

"You ok?" He asked. 

"I'm fine." You replied trying to avoid eye contact.

 You then heard someone calling out your name in the distance. You turned around to see Taemin running towards you. "______!!" He called out again. Once he finally reached you he was gasping for his breathe.

"Is something wrong, Taemin?" You asked. 

"N-no *pant* I was wondering *pant* If you *pant* wanna eat lunch together?" He asked happily. 

"Oh sure!" You smiled. "I just need to get my lunch from my locker, I'll be right back." You said and then ran to go to your locker. 

"Ok no problem." He smiled back at you. However when his gaze landed on L. Joe he looked at him curiously.

"What are you doing here?" Taemin asked.

"Nothing..." He replied. "Well I'll be going now." He said and left.

You were back with your lunch. "Where did L. Joe go?" You asked. Taemin just shrugged not really caring at all.

"Wanna eat at the rooftop?" He asked you.

"Ok." You agreed.

L. Joe's POV; 

What the heck is she doing with Taemin? I thought to myself. I was gonna ask her to eat lunch with me too... Oh well. It's still awkward between me and ______. But what is she doing with Taemin? It wouldn't be possible that they were dating, right?... Ughh why am I even thinking about them? Remember that me and ______ are over. So I should stop worrying about her... Get yourself together L. Joe, besides it's very unlikey that there is something going on between them... 

...

 Ok stop thinking about ______. Ugh I huffed and ruffled my hair. Why must you always do this to me ______?...