Roses for you

Lean On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 February 2016, Graduation Day

Today is a special day for all seniors graduating and moving onto a new phase of their life. Minju woke up extra early to curl her hair and iron her uniform to perfection. She applied light makeup to enhance her natural features and put on the lip tint that Hana got for her on her birthday, it was a nice cherry red shade, perfect for her flawless complexion. Her parents dressed up nicely too, her younger brother put on a suit just for her graduation ceremony. She put on her royal blue blazer for the last time and her name pin, Cho Minju. 

"Let me do it for the last time." Her father kneeled down in front of her and tied her shoelaces just like how he taught her in elementary school. Last time, after this she will head off to college and to work soon. 

She is will be turning into an adult soon. 

"Hurry! We are going to be late!" Her mother yelled at the father and daughter, they chuckled and head to the lady of the house. 

Mr Cho drove the car while Mrs Cho sat at the front looking out for traffic for her husband. Minju sat at the back with Minjun and helped to adjust his tie properly. She practised for her speech as the Salutatorian of her cohort, Hana was the Valedictorian of her cohort. Her heart beat rapidly as her school slowly appeared. 

This is it. High school is going to be over. 

Minju got out of her father's car and was greeted by the flowers of her admirers, she thanked them and took the flowers from them. She quickly made her way to the assigned seat and waited patiently for her partner in crime to arrive. Family members and teachers were all waiting at the back, for a chance to see their child or student on stage getting their certificate. 

Hana sat beside Minju and held her hand in hers, she was nervous. They are going separate ways after high school, she was going to UCLA and she is going to Harvard. No words could explain how they were feeling, nervous? anxious? Everything was overwhelming for them. Minju took a deep breath and calm herself down. 

She witnesses her classmates, schoolmates and her best friends went up to the stage and got their diploma, all of them were smiling brightly. Her feet were getting clammy in her shoes. 

"Cho Minju, Salutatorian of the 89th batc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter