Uncle.

Lean On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26 March 2019, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA

Minjun sat beside his pregnant sister and sighed deeply. He had to see for himself, that is why he flew all the way from Seoul to Los Angeles to find her. He was fuming when he saw the bump. How dare he cheat on his sister so openly and embarrass her? Minju gripped on his shoulders and he immediately relaxed. 

"Noona...how can you be so chill about it? You're so young!" Minjun exclaimed as he stared at her bump. 

"Minjun-ah, it's his loss that he can't be here for Dubu. You are going to be the best uncle for Dubu and don't worry. Omma always come to L.A to take care of me. Plus my three sisters still call me to check on me. Don't worry." She patted his shoulders. 

"Alright, I'm flying back tomorrow though. I have class the day after..." He sheepishly rubbed his neck. 

"Serve you right! Here's my key to my house, stay there. I have one more lesson and I will go home and cook." She passed him a set of keys and he thanked her. 

"See you later noona!" She nodded and waved at the boy. 

 

The Cho siblings sat at the dining table and enjoyed a meal cooked by Minju, she smiled at her brother trying to fill her bowl with vegetables. 

"Minjun-ah, remember to take care of appa and omma there. Noona has to take care of another life in her now, I can't really take care of omma and appa now." She sighed and looked down at the table. 

"Yes! Dubu-ah, be nice to omma alright? Samchun will buy you toys and food when you come out, so be nice to my noona!" Minju burst into laughter. 

"I'm glad you grow up well. Anyway, you can just put the dishes into the dishwasher. I'll go do my assignment now." He frowned at her older sister, disapproving that she is still studying. 

"I'll sleep at 10!" She pouted and head to her study room, he shook his head and finished up the food.

Instead of her assignment, she was busy writing in her journal. 

Heol...Heol. Cho Minjun is going to be the best uncle for Dubu. My dubu, be well and there will be a lot of people caring for you when you come out! Remember, omma loves you a lot! I am still eating well, no morning sickness anymore, thank heaven for that! When you do come out, listen to omma's words and play well! Study well too! - Cho Minju, 26/03/2019, 7:47 P.M.

She chuckled softly and placed her journal back into her drawer. Her brother was honestly one of the best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter