Special Chapter! The Mark-Minju journey~

Lean On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 January 2019, Downtown L.A.

Mark rolled his eyes as he let his younger brother dragged him out of the house to Downtown to get some food. He knew his brother was up to something but today was not the day. He does not have a single clue what Joey was up to today. All he knows that he was dragged into this small little cafe that is cosy and warm. 

"Ge, look at that girl there," Joey whispered and point at the girl two tables away from them. 

"Why? Are you interested in her?" Mark rolled his eyes but took a clearer look at the girl's face. No emotions, just empty. She just looked so sad and lost. 

"She's a junior in school. Her boyfriend dumped her and she's pregnant with his child. She just entered med school this year." Joey explained to his older brother who was lost in his thoughts. 

That was when he realised, she is the ex-girlfriend of Tzuyu's current boyfriend. 

" I understand Chinese. If you want to talk about my private life, why not just ask me the truth?"  With that, she slams some bills and heads out of the cafe. Mark glared at his younger brother and chased after the girl. 

Minju wiped the tears away furiously, it's all her fault that she got herself pregnant. She sat down at a nearby bench and rested after bursting out at the two strangers at the cafe. She understands every single word that they say due to the fact that she has studied in Taiwan for a few years and understands Chinese perfectly. 

"I'm sorry." A handkerchief was offered to her. She took it gladly and wiped from her endless tears that just keeps on flowing.

"My brother is a little nosy. I'm Mark Tuan, what's your name?" He offered her a hand.

"Minju or you can call me Charlotte or Charlie." She shook his hand and move to the side so he could sit down. 

"So...Do you like boba?" He randomly asked. Minju stared at his face and burst out laughing.

"Is this your way of asking me to be your friend?" She poked his cheek.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, why does this girl make his heart flutter at a simple touch? 

"Sure, I love Boba. I know a really good place in Chinatown." Minju stood up and tugged on Mark's wrist. He gave her a smile and let her lead them to the boba shop. 

That was the first step of moving on from Kim Mingyu. Making n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter