You Slept With Jaebum!! How Could You?

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

WenShu thought that she could escape. The answer is no because they just had to catch up to her, trying to hug her. She was supposed to feel warm by the hug but instead, she just felt colder. 

"Don't follow me, please? I told you I had enough, didn't I? " WenShu released herself from the their hug. She wanted to be alone, why couldn't they understand her?

Lisa was the first one to let go. In fact, she was the only one who looked at her in the eye, trying to decipher the meaning of god-knows-what. WenShu didn't care though.  She could see them from the reflection of the glass door in front of her. She could see their expressions as they let her go. She pushed open the door of the homestay. 

If she felt cold from the instant loss of warmth of the dining room of the homestay, she was surprised to discover the weather was just chilly when she went outside the homestay. Maybe her body had started to adjust with the cold temperature that she no longer need to cross her arms to feel warm. She walked and walked. Along the street, passed the dim streetlights to the bright colourful lights of the nearby park. She walked in silence before, but the park was crowded with people having a party or something and WenShu was too tired to care about what other people were doing. 

The cold breeze hit her again harder making her unable to stop sneezing. She hold the jacket tighter around her body but it seemed that her jacket was not enough to give her the warmth that she wanted to. She heard some rustling sound from her behind. It sounds like someone walking towards her, judging from the way the sound became continuously clearer to her by each steps the person took. Another thick jacket was put around her shoulder. She sighed, but unfortunately not from relief, from helplessness.

"Yah, you silly girl. You wearing such a thin clothing in such a cold night. Are you trying to get yourself sick? Does being sick makes you feel better?" Lisa shook her head many times looking at how frail WenShu looked, shivering with her head down. Hearing no reply coming from WenShu, she continued. 

"Why are you moping like this? It's not the end of the world. You had broken up with him anyways, so he can be with whoever he want and you can be with whoever you want. Done. Happy ending for everyone." Lisa's words may sound insensitive especially when those words were directed to someone who was heartbroken but nonetheless it showed concern and WenShu understand that. If she was not sorry or feeling a tad bit guilty, she would not came out following WenShu through the cold night just to drape the jacket on her shoulder. She still cared but what WenShu really needed was not a jacket but a set of answers.

"You don't plan on telling me this at all, don't you?" WenShu said it with a low voice but Lisa could hear it clearly because they were the only two people there.

It was peaceful with the silence looming but god knows, their minds were going haywire and their hearts beating profusely as if they were running in marathon. Heck, if stress can burn fats, I can be a supermodel right now with all of these stresses. WenShu shook her head. The only if was always too good to be true. 

"Yes, I don't want to.

Please log in to read the full chapter