One Cold Heart in a Cold Night

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun slipped through the transparent window straight to WenShu's eyes causing her to open her eyes immediately. She groaned in pain due to the dizzyness that follows after the sudden exposure towards the sunlight, but she managed to sit up straight and rested her head to the headboard of her comfy bed.

She glanced slightly to the bed beside her, feeling a bit annoyed that Lisa could avoid the light since her bed located further away from the window compared to her. Well, a part of it was her fault that she did not pull the curtain close because she insisted sleeping with the curtain wide open so that she could enjoy the sight of glimmering stars at the sky last night. 

Massaging her head, she was reminded of the event last night. She shared her room with Lisa while Rose and Yugyeom shared a room with Jisoo. WenShu was quite sceptical of Yugyeom sleeping with other females in the same room (since he slept with many women before, he was that charming ) but since Jisoo shared a bed with Rose, it seemed unlikely for anything to happen. 

In fact, WenShu should worry more about a big fight that might occur between Yugyeom and Jisoo more than the a male sleeping with a female thing. She had not heard any raised voices coming from the next room at all last night. so, it could be that they had sorted the issue between or they just avoided talking to each other so, either way, WenShu is relieved. 

Back to Lisa and WenShu, last night was filled with Lisa answering calls in hushed voices at the corridor outside their room and when she finished, they just watched the television in silence while munching on their late night snacks. WenShu was of course curious, dying to know what so big of a secret that Lisa need to get out of her comfy bed just to answer a call, but she know the other did not intend to share.

WenShu could feel herself getting more and more sleepy. The image of Jennifer Aniston on the television was getting smaller and smaller and her hands reached out to the fluffy pillow to snuggle to it but she was interrupted by a pat on her back.

"What do you want, Lisa? I am so sleepy." WenShu hugged the pillow as tight as possible while facing the window. Stargazing from the window was long forgotten. She had enjoyed the sight right after they entered the room and now she just wanted to explore the dreamland. 

"WenShu! Just a few minutes, please! I got something for you." Lisa nudged WenShu's sboulder again to wake her up while shaking her jewellery box. WenShu groaned in annoyance. She felt the strong urge to throw the pillow towards Lisa's head but she chose not to. Why? Because they might end up in pillow fight or she might as well cooperate now and sleep peacefully after this.

"Urm, what is it?" WenShu still had her eyes closed but mind you, her ears were wide open because she cannot close it as well.  Lisa waved the necklace in front of WenShu's face only to get her hands pushed by WenShu. The sounds of a metal rubbing against another metal annoyed her.

"Open your eyes, pwetty please. You will not regret it." Lisa tried to coax WenShu to see the necklace and jump into her arms happily but she forgot that sleep was more important to WenShu more than anything, she will continue her sleep on the cold hard floor if she want to. WenShu opened her eyes a bit just to see shining metals in front of her eyes. It is a simple silver necklace with a half red heart at the middle of the necklace together with a silver ring with the word love on it.

It looked pretty but WenShu was too tired to appreciate the beauty so she simply muttered a word of thanks before dropping her head down on the pillow. Lisa hummed in return. She did not wish to wake up the log beside her anymore. Since she did not say no, I will just made her wear it tomorrow. With that thought, Lisa went to sleep happily.

**********************************************

WenShu only realized that she had worn the exact ring given by Lisa last night at the fourth finger of her right hand and the necklace around her neck when she went to shower. The fact that Lisa did it without her notice amazed her but it must be due to how deep she is in her sleep. She took a look longer at both accesories this time. She admitted that the color matched with her skin colour as it is distinguishable with the bold colour like red and black band around the ring. However, the strain from yesterday's event still remained causing their room filled with silence. 

The first to notice this was Yugyeom but the first to say a word about it was Rose. She exclaimed loudly as to how pretty the accesories are causing some people who were also enjoying breakfast at that time turned their heads to look at them. 

"Lisa gave it to me. That's why it looks pretty. If it was me, maybe I will just whatever cheap accesories available." WenShu smiled with slight restraint at Lisa. She was still thankful for the gift so complimenting Lisa for her great fashion sense hope will do the justice to describe her feelings. 

"WenShu, the necklace was indeed from me but the ring is a gift from Jisoo. We bought it from the shop yesterday and we choose it together. So, you should thank Jisoo as well." Lisa told the truth while munching on the chocolate cookies served on the table. She looked pleased with cookies more than the word thanks from WenShu. This girl...

WenShu was about to say thank you to Jisoo but was stopped by a scoff from Yugyeom. The yesterday's event came to her mind. She thought it was forgotten but it seemed not since Yugyeom was now glaring daggers towards Jisoo while Jisoo looked back to him, indifferent. However, WenShu had enough.

"What is it, Yugyeom? Jisoo unnie? Spill the beans. What happened between the two of you? I cannot stand this endless scoff and pissed off look anymore? What is goi

Please log in to read the full chapter