Since When Did My Friends Had Turned Into Strangers?

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hollywood Walk of Fame can be said as the WenShu's third most favourite place. Why? Well, here is why.

After their hands full of shopping bags from the Dream shop (it does look and feels like a dream, WenShu felt all dreamy while looking at the shining watches, pretty bracelets and ahh..too many to choose meh), they started their walking journey of 2.1km to the Hollywood's best place to show that you are successful, Walk of Fame. She didn't know why Lisa was so eager with the name of the stars in which almost all of them were already dead and unheard of (by WenShu obviously) beneath her feet but she would be lying if she did not envy them, so much that she could not help wondering. 

If she died one day, will there be anyone coming for her funeral other than her families? Will her families be able to accept her death or will they also forget about her?Will her friends remember their happy memories together or will the memories just consists of them only without her? 

True, it sounds useless and seems inevitable  that once you leave this world, people will start to forget about you. However, no matter how much you deny it, there is always the small voice in your head wanting to be remembered and wanting to be an unforgettable part in someone's lives. 

WenShu was deep in her thoughts and totally had no clue about how her surroundings was now filled with colourful balloons and silvery confetties. It even attracted the attention of quite a number of people who were casually strolling around the place especially kids jumping around to grab the confettis.

Bam!!!! WenShu felt her waist hurting from the hit she received. She looked down to see the head of around 5 years old boy who had slammed his head to her body while busily grabbing the confettis.

"Sorry, sorry miss." The kid immediately ran away leaving WenShu dumbfounded. She finally that her surroundings had turned into festive season with the loud cheerings from the people around her. Wait, what is the occasion? To say that there is a festival, it could be but why there is only some people who celebrated happily but some looked as clueless as WenShu is.

The shock made her forgot about the pain for a moment but then the pain came back with full force. She rubbed her waist with anger, I should have scolded the kid a little, ughh that hardheaded kid. But, WenShu herself was not convinced whether she had the ability to even scold a kid, she simply adored them. She tried craning her head to see the source of the overflowing excitement suddenly flooded in the middle of the street but due to her height, she could only see heads of strangers and gave up when she nearly face-planted to the floor. Why do so many tall people today? How can we short people survive if there is danger ahead or something? How unfair! (PS: I wondered abt that until this day ;< ) 

Walking through the masses of people, bumping shoulder with strangers was what what WenShu would avoid if she can but she need to. She lost her friends in the crowd and needed to find them as soon as possible. 

Suddenly, she felt her arms being pulled from someone behind her. Feeling shocked, she pulled her arm back harshly causing the unknown person to stumble frantically in front of her. It turned out to be Yugyeom. 

"Watch out!" WenShu immediately catch Yugyeom's arms and pulled him to the less-crowded section at the street. She tried catching her breath. Crowded places really could drain people's oxygen faster than running does. WenShu rarely run so, she did not know if the comparison is relevant but she felt like it.

"WenShu, where did you go just now? I'm so worried that we kept losing you. Gosh, I have told Lisa not to come here but she is so stubborn." Yugyeom looked so enraged that his ears had turned red and his eyes glaring venomously to the crowd. WenShu was quite intimidated that she took a step further away from Yugyeom. She had never seen Yugyeom ever losing control of his emotions like that and it scares her. She could not understand why her getting separated from the others was such a big issue but it is for Yugyeom and she could tell he was not one to tell her why. 

"WenShu! Thank God we found you. Rose and I were pretty occupied with the propo....progr

Please log in to read the full chapter