LA, Here We Come!

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Is it too late now to say sorry? Cuz I, missing more than just your body, your body!!!" 

WenShu was tempted to break Yugyeom's neck for the fourth time today. The first two times was when he made her agreed to accompany him for the concert in which she had next to none desire to go. He was taking advantage of her good heart and she could do nothing about it because she still felt guilty and he was desperate.

Well, the other one was when he break the news that they are going to LA and not Seoul. She knew that she should have asked before to be sure but never was she going to admit her fault. It is all his fault for bringing her along. Yugyeom seems to enjoy her misery as he danced around the room, singing Justin Bieber's song like this is some sort of street rally. And he knew WenShu dislike Justin Bieber. 

Watching the scene unfold before her eyes, Lisa finally could understand why WenShu came at her, cursing Yugyeom while pulling her hair, as if she wanted to rip her hair off her head. She pity WenShu but what can she do to help anyway?

"Stop jumping around like some kind of sick mental patient, can you? We have a big problem right now. Please be serious." WenShu glared at Yugyeom with so much intensity that even Lisa was a bit put off. She was the one who always provoked WenShu but never had she seen WenShu that angry.

Yugyeom hurriedly sat down on the bench in front of WenShu. They were at the park near the library that always packed with students including them whenever school exam approaches. Yugyeom looked down at his hands folded on his laps obediently like a scolded puppy. He did not dare to look at WenShu while Lisa remained nonchalant, not bothered with the tense atmosphere. 

"What should I tell my parents? How should I break the news to them that I'm not going back home but to LA? Seriously, I don't even know if I had enough money and will my parents even gave some to me?" I'm sorry, Yugyeom but I don't think I can go with you." WenShu tried to put as much sincerity as she could gather when she fake sniffled in front of Yugyeom. She really didn't want to go. Not right after graduation and not after 1 year not seeing her parents. They need to have a plan and much to prepare to go overseas when all she can think of is to go back home and meet her family. I missed them so much.

Yugyeom turned to look at Lisa, his Plan B. He cannot give up now. He is so not going to concert alone. WenShu may not know the fact he is not doing this only for himself. but also for her. They need this escape. Both of them. As for the concert, he just need WenShu with him because his brother, Jinyoung ordered him to.WenShu did not need to know that. 

Jinyoung is right though that the only friend that is reliable and he trusted to control Yugyeom is WenShu, She is the only one that is normal when your other friends are all like monkeys, bring her then I will let you go. Stay out of trouble, will ya? 

"Well, why not you join us, Lisa? We have never gone on any vacation together. No uh, excluding school trip, we never had fun in those. We will go on our separate ways after this or we may not even meet each other anymore so why not spend it together now?" Yugyeom desperately hope that Lisa will agree to his suggestion. He winked repeatedly to Lisa to get her to agree. Lisa's eyes widened. Why did she not think of that? They could have gone together. Well, she kind of felt a bit jealous when she heard they were going to LA. It has been her long-time dream to go overseas other than Korea, of course, like Hollywood. 

"Of course I would love to. Yes yes yes. Girl, we will have so much fun together. I cannot wait." Lisa jumped excitedly across the room. Yugyeom released a sigh of relief but not forgetting to steal a glance at WenShu. She looked better, I see, should have done that sooner, gosh.

" Well, I'm happy if you join us too but I cannot tell whether my parents will agree or not. Going there is quite expensive, you know." WenShu smiled sadly after. She is sure that her parents will nag her even if they agree because even just the flight cost can cause her parents to have a fit , not to mention allowances for the food and their stay there. Lisa and Yugyeom looked at each other. Now, money is the big problem here. They had enough money for the trip but not WenShu. They knew that they could just give some of their money to WenShu, they had no problem with that but she would never want to receive it but that's just how independent she is.

WenShu had always been independent that she would rather starve than receiving other people's food and would rather work instead of receiving her parent's money in which her parents kept complaining about. However, they will insist and say, none of our children will work while we are still be able to work. Only then, she gave up persuading them after that but she strived herself to work hard for her family once she finished her studies. She still worked part time here and there whenever she is free but her parents did not need to know that. 

Suddenly, the sound of her phone ringing stopping her train of thoughts. The familliar ringtone that she set just for her family members made her instantly got up and answer the call. She did not even stop to look at the name of the caller. Well, if it was another person, she usually would take longer time contemplating whether she should answer the call or not but since it is her family member that she have not met for months, they are the exceptions.

But, she did felt a bit uneasy because it was rare for her mother to call her first unless she caused some trouble. But I didn't make any trouble or maybe after this..but no trouble. 

"Hello! Are you okay there, my girl?" That's her mom first sentence that

Please log in to read the full chapter