You Did Not See Things From Their Eyes

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

WenShu woke up next morning just to be greeted with silence. No light snoring sound, no sound of slight groan due to the discomfort of the nose being clamped with coldness of the aircond but no matter what sound did Lisa make, WenShu was okay with it because it shows that she is there with her.

However, that morning was an exception. WenShu felt sad to wake up alone but she could not help feeling a bit relieved as she was not ready to face Lisa just yet. She knew that they will be awkward around each other for the time being due to what happened yesterday and the only way to get rid of the unsolved feeling is to have the talk. She was unprepared for the talk and since Lisa also not willing to face her yet, she assumed that Lisa was not ready as well.

After having a quick cold shower, WenShu quickly dressed so that she could have breakfast. She was famished since she had trouble eating well due to all that drama last night, she locked the door of her room and rushed into the elevator as soon as the elevator door opened. 

"Oh, hi WenShu!" WenShu nearly dropped her hotel keys when she heard his voice. She did not know that he also stayed here, judging from his luggage zip adorned with this hotel's keychain, he did and WenShu did not like that. Sure, Jackson was full of surprises. You could expect him to be at the other end of the world or kick him to the universe, he is the type of the person who will always find his ways back like a pet to its owner. 

Even though WenShu neither kick Jackson away from her nor he is her puppy (Wang puppy does sound great but she is absolutely convinced he is not a hybrid), it does not mean she wants to see him again. After the episode at the airplane and the fact that he was Lisa's close friend, WenShu had every reason to feel anxious regarding his sudden appearance. Actually, the fact that he could always slide in people's lives easily, no wonder he was Lisa's closest friend.

Well, he could not be Lisa's best friend because WenShu had long claimed that spot, but after last night, Jackson may be the one replacing her and what she felt about it depends on how Jackson is going to act around her, which means today!

"Oh, hi Jackson." WenShu appeared smiling on the outside but she felt like kicking herself on the inside. She should have just let the door shut so that she will never have to meet and greet Jackson like an old friend. She hated how fake she is being right now but what could she do? A man who looked as innocent as Jackson did not deserve harsh treatment from a stranger like her. In fact, she was a nice girl, well not so nice when she flipped some people off at some bad times but overall, she was quite a decent human being.

"Well, quite a surprise to see you here actually. I didn't know that you were staying here." WenShu made some comments while typing fast on her phone. Her mother messaged her by asking her about her trip (actually it was more like pestering her since her mother had been messaging her non-stop since last night and WenShu was too upset to pay attention to her phone).

"Well, I'm not exactly staying here but I guess you could say that. Anyway, where are you heading to? You look like you are in a hurry."  WenShu did not need to answer his question as her stomach chose to answer him first. The grumbling sound became one thousand times louder in the closed elevator. Her face turned beet red as Jackson smiled teasingly at her. He clearly was amused. 

"I see someone's dying of hunger. So, should we go for breakfast first?" WenShu turned from being embarassed to death to slight annoyance that her facial expression changed. How did she knew? Because Jackson visibly flinched when she saw her giving him the look when he finished his words.

WenShu did not meant to be rude, to deny Jackson's polite invitation to have breakfast together but she wanted to be alone. Thinking about it, she had always been in the company of others for the past few days that she did not have the time to think of things thoroughly especially after last night. 

WenShu was wrong when she thought Jackson understood her signal to be left alone. He followed her to the hotel's cafeteria even though WenShu clearly ignored his presence. His shamelessness makes WenShu want to cry but this trait of his was also kind of admirable. So, she let him following her trail like a little puppy. She did not know why Jackson reminded her a lot of puppies. WenShu took the seat right beside the window so that she had other thing to focus on rather than Jackson's face. The food was good and WenShu's heart felt content immediately, well that happened if only Jackson did not open his mouth. 

"I think your break-up is not that bad, to be honest." His statement caught WenShu by surprise. Immediately bringing the sensitive subject over breakfast, especially when WenShu had only known Jackson a few days ago, she nearly choked while drinking her milk. Jackson was lucky that WenShu decided not to make such fuss about his sudden intrusion to her private matters. She wanted to act indifferent about it, hoping that she could really be indifferent to this whole matter in the future.

"Why did you say that? Is it because you have had worse?" WenShu replied with a question. She felt it was unfair for Jackson knowing much things about her but she knew absolutely nothing about him.

"Wow. Good intuition. Yeah, I guess. I get kicked out from my ex-girlfriend's home." Jackson looked visibly impressed that he even winked teasingly at WenShu. His expression quickly changed to the sad expression for the later words. Seems like it was a heartbreaking matter for him. WenShu noticed one thing from the sudden change of expression and that is Jackson is a crystal clear person. He is direct and honest with his feelings. After all the dramas and lies she had been through, she valued honesty much more than before. She decided to let Jackson accompany her some more and if he annoyed her, she will just left. 

She did not know why but her etiquette and manner nowadays had flown out of the window, maybe that is what harsh truth could make you sometimes, to be more ruthless to protect from hurt and heartbreak.

"Oh why? Wait! Shouldn't it be your parents kicking you out? Why is it the other way around?" WenShu was confused when Jackson said he was kicked out by the parents of his girlfriend, why not his own parents? With his attitude, she could see why any parents would want to get rid of their children. Not in a bad way, that guy can be quite overbearing if he wants to. 

"About my compliment to you

Please log in to read the full chapter