Woke Up With Deep Regret

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

"She is still not waking up, Ma'am. Oh, poor girl. She had been out since 7 days ago. The doctor said it was a matter of time for her to be awake as her head injury had now mostly healed", said someone sitting next to Wenshu which might be a middle aged woman judging from the slight shivering in her soft voice while talking on the phone.

WenShu groaned a bit when she tried to open her eyes as the complete darkness was immediately replaced with blinding bright lamp right above her head. The ceiling was white and so are the walls in front of her and the white blanket covering her body.

It could only mean one place and it was confirmed when she felt a prick of needle pressing in her arm when she tried to remove her hand to cover her eyes.

The woman next to her quickly got up to assist her by covering her sight with her own hand. She looked worried when she carefully inspected WenShu's condition with her eyes.

Her other hand pressed a button near WenShu's bedstand to call the doctor. WenShu took the chance to inspect the woman in front of her who is unfamiliar but oddly comfortable.

Maybe it was because the grey hair and the soft feature of her face that looked non-threatening to WenShu.

She was quite alarmed when she first noticed a stranger beside her bed but she felt glad that the woman looked slightly like her grandmother as she felt extremely comforting with her presence. 

An equally middle-aged male doctor came in, checking her eyes and her head carefully. She could feel her head spinning but it was a manageable pain. The doctor seemed to sense her nervousness as he patted her arm softly. A gesture that she welcomed just to make her awake. 

"Don't worry. You healed pretty fast, I gotta say based on your injuries. You may check out of this hospital this afternoon." Said the doctor. He smiled slightly and left the room, leaving WenShu confused and alone again with the old woman. 

WenShu had not the slightest idea as to what had happened to her. She had no recollection being admitted to the hospital at all. The last thing that she remembered is getting hit strongly at the back of her head. She wanted to ask the old woman but she was too embarassed to do so. 

"Do you remember what happened to you? Remember the one who attacked you?"

The old woman sounded concerned, more concerned than WenShu of her attacker. The attacker was the least of her concern. He was wearing a mask, how could she know anyway? She only want to go back home and forget everything that happened here.

It was a bad idea to come to America in the first place judging from the past events. However, she need to have her phone first and search for Yugyeom. Yes, Yugyeom.

"Erm, can I have my phone?" WenShu asked the old woman with slight quivering in her voice. She should have asked who the old woman first but nah. 

"Sorry, my dear but I don't have your phone. You were mugged so you were sent to the hospital with no ID whatsoever." The old woman replied carefully.

She could sense the discomfort on WenShu's face and wished she could give WenShu some space but she was instructed to stay there and take care of her. God knows what will happen if she defied the Madame's orders. It will not end prettily.

"Can I have my glasses?" Wenshu asked, feeling utterly uncomfortable due to the blurry vision surrounding her. She was trying to get any clue as to where she is but could not do so if she cannot even see the time displayed on the digital clock in front of her. That is, my friend, the struggles of a short-sighted person.

The old woman reached for something on the table next to her but Wenshu refused to see what she was taking and resumed gazing outside the window.

"Here, dear. This will make you feel better." 

WenShu smiled and mumbled the word thanks but her smile immediately dropped when she saw what the old woman had handed to her. A glass of water.

"I meant eyeglasses. I did keep it with me during that incident, I'm sure of it." Wenshu explained. The old woman chuckled to cover her embarassment. WenShu, however chose to ignore her.

She took her round silver-rimmed glasses from the old woman's hand and wore it. Her friends used to that she looked like an old woman wearing that but she liked the fact that it looked antique. 

"Who sent me to this hospital? If you don't mind me asking." WenShu looked at the old woman who already occupied in packing the bag next to her bed. 

"Andrew sent you here. I'm sorry dear but I need to call someone right now. No more questions okay. You should rest or sleep if you want." The old woman left the room rather hurriedly in a sudden.

WenShu nodded silently with knitted eyebrows. Why is she so secretive suddenly?And who is Andrews by the way? One of the concert staffs, probably.

WenShu could feel her head spinning again and her eyes drooping slowly until her vision turned into whole darkness. 

 

 

WenShu woke up with a jolt when she felt her body being brought forward and her forehead hitting a hard object. She turned to look at her surroundings and realized that she was in a car. An expensive one judging from the leather seat and fancy interior. 

"I told you to drive more carefully, Andrew. There is a sick person in this car, for God's sake. Do you want her to end up in the hospital for another week?" The old woman shook her head and turned to WenShu asking whether she is okay.

Of course, WenShu nodded. She did not want to deal with unknown people fussing over her. There is still a tiny possibility that they could be a kidnapper and a very kind kidnapper on top of that. 

"It's a speedbump Mary. How can I avoid that? Seriously, do you think Madame will be okay with her staying in that house? Man, she can turn into a vicious creature if she wants to." Andrews shuddered, keeping his eyes on the road clearly unaware that WenShu was awake. 

"Who is Madame? Where are you taking me?" WenShu looked at both Andrew and the old woman sitting next to her. If Andrew reacted that way, she most likely did not want to get herself into trouble with that Madame or whoever she is. 

"Sorry but it is not our place to say things. We will arrive at the house shortly. Yep, this is the house. Mary, help her. I will carry the bags." Andrew immediately went out of the car after stopping in front of a big mansion with a water fountain in front of it.

WenShu was too amazed by the house exterior that she nearly ignored Mary or Mrs I-dont-know-what-her-name-is tugging on her arm to get her out of the car. She went out of the car carefully, completely aware of the guards standing outside the mansion.

Clearly, the owner of the mansion must be an important person. Is it possible that she was kidnapped by a mob boss? WenShu shook her head not willing to dwell on that thought. She still had splitting headache and she knew she will get the answers shortly. 

Until a tall woman in emerald green knee-length laced dress appeared in front of her, looking elegant with her gold bracelet and necklace, busily instructing Andrews to leave the bags in the guest room.

She then smiled widely at WenShu, gesturing her to take a seat at the sofa near them in the living room. Mary who had taken the job of holding WenShu's arm the entire time, directed WenShu to the sofa and walked away in a hurry.

WenShu must have looked like a lost puppy when Mary left her as the woman in front of her chuckled amusingly. She looked amused but WenShu felt no comfort whatsoever. She could still be a kidnapper even though for what motive, WenShu did not know. 

"I'm Pattie, Justin's mother in case you don't know. I brought you here because I think you have nowhere else to go. You don't live here in America right? The police haven't found your ID, passport whatsoever when they found you but they found where you stayed, so I hope they will found your things shortly. Are you hungry? I can ask the maids to bring you some food."

Pattie looked at WenShu with what WenShu could describe a million dollar smile on her face but it does nothing to comfort her.

WenShu in judging people's character so she did not bother reading much into the woman's expression. Wait, who is Justin by the way? She was sure that she had heard that name before but it could not be him. Actually, she hoped it was not him.

Why would that certain male singer brought her to his house anyway? Or she might be referring to another person but WenShu did not know other person named Justin other than the Justin Bieber. WenShu gulped.

"Erm, I'm not hungry. Can I borrow your cell phone please? By the way, what should I call you?" WenShu could hear the gears in her mind working fast and furious.

If it is true that this is Justin Bieber's house, she could not stay here any longer. That man had caused enough misery to her in one day, she could not bear to see him again much less owing something to him. That's why she need to get to her friends quick so that she can get out of this house as fast as she can. 

"Yes, of course. He

Please log in to read the full chapter