Dear Angelenos, What To Pack for LA?

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the long yet meaningful converstion she had with Tiffany who had accidentally slept on her bed after she went to beat Yugyeom's  (she was drooling by the way, WenShu was tempted to push her down to the floor but she was too tired to do so!) and after 15 minutes running to stop Jennie from chasing Yugyeom in which she nearly get hit on her face in the process, she could feel her energy depleting to 10% just enough for her to open the door of her room and collapsed on the wool carpet on the floor.

She accidentally lied down on her arm causing her nose to hit her armpit. Such a great smell it is and her shirt felt sticky with sweat, WenShy had no choice but to wake up and head to the shower. She is so not going to sleep in that condition. While in the shower, WenShu felt energized after having the warm water on top of her head and washing her body with citrus soap which is her favourite smell.

Many would assume that she would love floral smell like Tiffany who loves rose smell and red roses. Tiffany had received roses a lot before from her secret admirers, but she kept only 5 of them since WenShu could not stand the strong smell. Imagine with 5 roses a day, how much will it be for a week? Not only the smell, WenShu was being rational with the space and she is not jealous, mind you! Erm wait...Maybe a bit. 

Back to WenShu with her dislike of floral smell, even though they matches with her assumed feminine personality but she had always been a fan of food more than flowers. It kind of explains why Jaebum had bought her flowers only once in the three years which is the first date they went.

After that, it always been chocolates or other small gifts that reached her door. She was thankful for his understanding and that added to the another reason why she loved Jaebum but it can also be another reason why she dreaded the moment that she need to find other man to replace him, the moment that she need to take time again knowing other person and explaining herself. 

WenShu shook her head, trying to shake off the thoughts that she tried so hard to avoid. It's always going to that direction. Jaebum's direction. She need to change that. Realising that she had taken longer time in the shower than necessary, she immediately put on her usual sleepwear, a blue tshirt and black tracksuit, and head to sleep on Tiffany's bed. Usually she will feel uncomfortable, not sleeping on her own bed but due to her physical and mental exhaustion on that day, that night has been an exception.

**********************************************

"Here is the checklist of all the things that we need to complete and some things thay we need to bring on the trip. Are you ready???" Lisa being the usual noisy person that she is suddenly acted like they are in a race competing to finish the list in which WenShu had no desire to participate.

There were Jisso and Rose together with them as well that looked as enthusiastic as Lisa maybe affected by her vibe, but not WenShu though. Yugyeom could not join them because they met at Jennie's room in which WenShu felt utterly relieved. She had enough of the boy's antics.

WenShu looked at Jisoo who seemed absorbed in an animated conversation with Lisa. Jisoo is the oldest among them, three years older than WenShu and the rest, was supposed to be addressed as unnie due to the fact that Koreans took age matters very seriously (something that WenShu cannot relate at first because people in her country never cared much about age, sometimes even close friends only know the age of the other friend after several years, that's how age is not that important there). 

Even though they called Jisoo unnie but she never acted like an older sister towards them. WenShu suspected that it may be caused by Lisa and her as a foreigner, they do not feel the obligation to treat Jisoo with more respect but the truth is Jisoo is a 'child'ish person. That's why she clicked well with Lisa and managed to have a balanced relationship with WenShu and Rose. 

WenShu turned to look at Rose who was reading on Lisa's study table while all of them were sitting on the floor. Rose can be said as another version of WenShu due to her quiet personality but has more talents causing her to be more popular in their school. WenShu cannot say that she is close to Rose but they have had times in which they clearly appreciate each other's presence in their lives.

There was a time where WenShu was sad of losing her first place in exams to another girl in her class, Rose was the one who comforted her saying that she could use the experience to work harder next time. As for WenShu, she had once helped Rose with her project where she need to find as many people for her survey, WenShu gave the idea of putting the survey next to a poll box for the next school head student, that means the students need to answer the survey before they can vote, sounds unfair since Rose took advantage of her position but practical. The survey was for the students anyway. They are benefiting, okay!

WenShu did not know why, after considering her friends' personality, they are not ones to make sudden decision. That is why she was sceptical with them joining this trip. Rose fpr once is a cautious person will almost never agree on something on impulse while for Jisoo, she might agree on this trip because she really wanted to enjoy herself but she had other things to do, being an owner of a florist shop and all, those are responsibilities in which people normally will attend to first. Is it true that she just wanted a getaway or is it more than that?

WenShu shook her head many times to dismiss that thought while packing her things in the luggage. She might overthink about the whole trip more than she was supposed to that she even doubting her own best friends' intention o

Please log in to read the full chapter