Jackson, The Fairytale Land and Santa Claus

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

WenShu tried to make herself comfortable but failed. How can she when Yugyeom had his heavy head on her shoulder and his heavier arm on her stomach? He was deep in sleep and WenShu urgently needed to go to the bathroom.

The small space provided in the economy class seat in the airplane made her feel suffocated but she had no choice. She should have expected this when her mother provided the ticket She got this ticket by default so she had no right to complain. The fact that Yugyeom willingly changed his seat from first class to next to her comforted her at first because at least she got company, but now she just felt frustrated. Next time she will not sit beside Yugyeom or there will never even be a next time. 

WenShu rushed towards the bathroom and she accidentally tripped over someone's legs and let out a very-girlish scream. Serves you right, WenShu! How can you be so careless! Many people are staring at you now. Don't you dare hold up your head! Don't bring shame to your ancestors!

She apologized so many times that she had lost count but instead of looking down at the floor like what her brain told her to, she raised up her head and looked directly to the man's eyes. She did not know where did she got the courage to but the black boots on the line of her vision did. 

"It's okay, friend. It's nothing to me. Are you okay? Does your leg hurt? Quite a loud scream you let out just now." Jackson chuckled teasingly. He was quite surprised to see the girl is brave enough to look at him in the eye and instead of feeling intimidated, he just found it entertaining. 

"I'm so sorry, sir. I should have been more careful." WenShu maintained the eye contact as she heard his chuckle. He looked amused and truthfully she did not like it. 

"Sir? No no, I'm not a sir. In fact, you should call me oppa, we have met before anyway. You don't remember me and my handsome face?" Jackson is a bit dissatisfied with the girl in front of him. He recognized her, how can she not remember him? Calling him Sir as well? Gosh! (Quite shameless I know, but remember, this is Jackson we are talking about!).

WenShu grinned in return. As far as she knows, she had never met the man before and if she did, she is not going to act as if she was friendly enough to befriend a stranger. Nonetheless, she still tried to remember the face of the guy who just claimed himself handsome and he is unfortunately but she still could not remember him. Am I starting to become forgetful like Lisa?

Seeing the girl's confused face, Jackson gave up. He had no choice but to say it with his own mouth and he got to admit that this is first time for him to meet a girl who doesn't recognize him and it hurts his ego a lot.

"I'm Jackson, Lisa's friend. You came to the ice cream shop I'm working before. I remember you pouted when Lisa talked to me at the counter. It was your school's prom day. Lisa went to get you ice cream because you just broke up with Jaebum and...." Jackson talked enthusiastically to remind WenShu where they had met and he could not stop himself when he had accidentally reminded her of 'that unfortunate event'.

It was too late and he felt guilty as soon as he saw WenShu's smile dropped instantly. He could only put on his puppy eyes and smiled apologetically to the girl that he had thought of making friends with but given the situation, that wish had just flown out of the window. By now, he expected that the girl will sure avoid meeting him in the future.  WenShu was surprised, that's all. To say that she was upset, at first she is but when she reminded herself that Jackson was Lisa's friend that coincidentally worked at the shop, she could understand why Lisa had told him.

"Nah, it's okay. I understand. It's all in the past anyway. I'm sorry but I still need to go to the bathroom so I will go first. See you next time Jackson." WenShu immediately went to the bathroom after a little goodbye wave. Her stomach was hurting so much and she can just talk to Jackson if they ever meet. Jackson smiled widely seeing WenShu's little actions when she bowed while holding her stomach every now and then. He should felt bad stopping her from settling her 'business' but unfortunately, he's not.

He had always been curious of the girl that managed to steal or had once stolen Im Jaebum's heart since he had never actually met the girl and as Jaebum's close friend, he was surprised that Jaebum could actually fell in love with someone. So, Jackson decided that he will do his own investigation and used his not-so-reliable observational skills to find out.

Truthfully, if he judged her by her looks, she can be considered as an average Asian Chinese girls, milky white skin and long black hair slight curl at the edges in ponytails (he is Chinese, of course he thinks it is common), she definitely will not stand a chance among guys especially with her modest style of clothing.

Guys nowadays is all about looks and Jackson cannot deny the fact that he had dated only pretty women like Irene or y women like Hyuna but never the likes of WenShu, nerdy-girl who prefers a date in the library than in movie theaters. What he could not stand the most is the oversized round glasses that WenShu wore. Even though it was quite trendy among Kpop idols, but Jackson felt that when WenShu wore those glasses, it just prevents him from appreciating the beauty of the big brown eyes behind it. (He was quite puzzled by that actually, big eyes are not common among Chinese. Wait, is she mixed?). However, from that short conversation, Jackson realized one thing. He realized that WenShu had this vibe or aura that called for respect that it kind of makes him forgot or rather ignore about her looks.

Please log in to read the full chapter