Prom Nightmare

Run Me Like A River
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Can you please hurry up? Jisoo is so going to kill me. She had been calling non stop now. If I have a car, I will go there myself by now."

WenShu shouted to the top of her lungs because the girl upstairs seems to have lost her mind. They are not even 10 minutes late that they can make excuses like traffic jam but one hour late than the promised time is just too much. 

Lisa took longer time to get ready for their prom party at school. You read it right?  It is not even at the hotel so why put so much efforts with the glam and glitz when the place is just the same boring squared block that they went to everyday for 5 years now.

"You know nothing about fashion so just shut your mouth. This is the last picture that I am going to take with you guys, of course I need to look extra special. Yah, you of all people have no right to complain! I helped dressing you up first okay! If Jaebum is not there, I'm going to kill you!"

Lisa shouted back with strings of curses coming out from when she accidentally strapped her high heels to her fingers instead of her foot.

WenShu just chuckled watching her friends clumsiness from inside the car. At least she knows that she is safe by now. It is true though that she did ask Lisa to help with the makeup. She need it as today is the last time she can meet her 3 years boyfriend at school. After this, they are going to be in their separate ways. He is going back to Korea while for her, Malaysia. They are going to start a long distance relationship and that scares her so much.

Thus, she wanted this last time to be the most memorable moment for them in the 3 years of their relationship which means she need to make extra efforts to look beautiful today.

Who else can she ask for help other than her best friend, Lisa?

Well, Lisa seems the only person that can actually stand her long list of her make me..  'Make my eyes look big, my nose narrower, make my cheeks pink, make my lips look soft and...'

"Are you done daydreaming? We have already arrived. What do you want next? Me opening your car door? Ask your Prince Charming yourselves."

WenShu smiled secretively, being caught in her daydream always make her feel embarassed even though she knew that there is no way Lisa is going to know what is she thinking. WenShu just grabbed her friend's arm softly and steer her to the school hall.

'This is also going to be the last time I am going to be with Lisa', she glanced sadly at her friend that had already went off to greet some other friends.

Lalissa Manoban, a Thailand girl or usually called as Lisa is a social butterfly. She can go up to random people and immediately become friends. She is a total opposite of WenShu that is quiet and due to Lisa's friendly attitude, they managed to hit it off pretty well.

If they only depended on her social skill that only consists of smile and curt nod, it will be a miracle if they ever talked at all.

WenShu felt a nudge on her shoulder. She turned her face to the right and her eyes met the exact eyes that she had been expected the most in this party.

She cannot help but smile when she saw Jaebum flinched when her classmate accidentally (yeah, right ;^) pushed him towards her. He had never been a fan of parties and it's a wonder that he had willing to come in the first place. WenShu cannot help feeling proud to be the only one that can persuade this guy to attend her prom party.

Oh, yeah Im Jaebum or his famous name, JB is her senior of 5 years. That means he is now 23 years old and she is 18. Quite a big , compared to her other friends who normally in relationship with their classmates or guys around their age but who is she to complain?

It's a miracle that she even managed to have a boyfriend with her limited friend circles and the little time she spent hanging out.

Even Lisa could not believe her when WenShu told her that she had been asked out by their senior, claiming that the guy must be a creep to even know WenShu when not even quarter of their school population knows her existence.

It turns out that Jaebum was the son of their homeroom teacher and WenShu is the teacher's favourite so it was possible that he cannot get over that cutie 'little red riding hood' that his mom always talked about. 

Jaebum immediately pulled WenShu to his side quite roughly, to her surprise and out of the hall. She stumbled a bit and struggled to retrieve her balance once they arrived to the front of the fountain in the garden away from the hall.

WenShu wanted to snap at Jaebum but she decided not to when Jaebum clearly turned his back towards her, walking to the fountain.

"Have you eaten?"

Jaebum turned his sideways to see WenShu's reaction.

'What's wrong with this guy? Did he hurt his head somewhere? I was eating just when he pulled me suddenly, now he's asking have I eaten? Gosh!' That was of course WenShu'

Please log in to read the full chapter