챕터4

Letters From The Black Hole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ A/N: Please always take note of the date, it's really important and also to avoid any confusion of the timeline. Happy reading! ^^ ♦ 

 

→ April 21, 2028

 

The iconic cherry blossom trees that cluster around the southern port of Jinhae blankets Jaemin with glee. The sun finally able to peek through the mountaintops of this inconsequential town but still, the twenty seven year old prefers its usual gloomy, omnipresent facade especially during sunup.

Not much has changed since he left for college but nostalgia soon embraced him as he entered the People's Forest. He can't help but smile as he remembers the special memory that transpired here - remembering every scenario by detail, playing, and watching it in his head as if it were his favorite movie.

An event that was so delicate that he would would want to experience it twice.

Then, it hits him.

The regret.

Even his good memories with him are sad as they couldn't relieve them. Almost instantly, he shakes off that depressing feeling before it effervesces and takes over him. He reminded himself that he didn't come her to grieve. It's spring time - a symbol of new beginning; a symbol of hope. Therefore, he too should hope for better days to come.

"Of course you're here!" A loud, familiar voice of Renjun surprised him to death.

"Ahh!" Jaemin yelled indecently. "Babe, don't do that!". When he turn his back towards his partner, Renjun was carrying a huge bouquet of flowers. "There you go again. What's with the flowers?" Jaemin can't help but ask because lately Renjun has been very generous buying him unnecessary gifts.

"Oh, please, they're not for you. It's for Jeno!" The once redheaded boy replied back as he admiringly stared at the bouquet of flowers that he cradles on his arms.

Jaemin lets out a scoff. "Jeno will not be happy about that you know."

"Yah!" Renjun retorted almost immediately. "You're not the only one who knows him. I happen to be his bestfriend, said so himself, so we share a lot of secrets together." 

Jaemin didn't know what else to say so he just presentes a 'whatever' expression. 

Once more he fixated his view in the scenic landscape of the People's Forest. The only thing that probably changed in the last ten years is the amount of trees; it seems that it doubled up since the last time he was here. But he was thankful, that the authorities maintained its cleanliness. He keep on looking until his gaze landed on a certain figure. Once again, the thrilling feeling of nostalgia strucks him.

The bench. He cannot believe it's still here! 

He navigated himself submissively towards it, leaving Renjun behind. As he gets closer to it, the exhilarating feeling of what they once share build up on him, filling his heart with so much emotion. He scanned his hand slowly in its wooden and ancient texture and finally sits on it. He was into the past that he didn't even notice Renjun has already caught up to him. "So, this is where you and...him first...first kiss?" Renjun asked tentatively and Jaemin can already sense the tone of jealousy.

"Yeah, you jealous?" Jaemin asked, trying to tease his adorable boyfriend.

"NA-UH!" Renjun shouted back immediately. "You did say that I was a better kisser so don't even take it back now!"

And Jaemin just laughs at how cute his boyfriend gets whenever his envious. "I will not." He said just to appease him. It got quiet after that and it was then that Renjun sits beside him.

"I remembered he told me to watch him play soccer." Jaemin begins, staring at nowhere as he recalls that day while smiling wholeheartedly. "He said that he's better than you."

"Geez, that dude really likes to show off huh?"

Jaemin laughs once more how incredibly true that was. "For a perfectly good reason."

Soon enough the two got caught up with the past - how they once were in high school. It's funny how one place can set them in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter