챕터11

Letters From The Black Hole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ A/N: Please always take note of the date, it's really important and also to avoid any confusion of the timeline. Happy reading! ^^ ♦

 

→ April 9, 2018 - MONDAY

 

The name 'Chenle' lingers around the air as another episode of silence begins. Jaemin stares at the guy in front of him and from his perspective, it appears that Jeno's holding something back. And it didn't take too long for him to realize, that it was actually tears that Jeno was preventing from coming out. Jaemin panicked. He doesn't really know what to do in this kind of situation. He was too afraid to say anything, fearing it may offend Jeno.

"He actually asked me to meet him but I refused..." Jeno begins, surprising him and the latter still maintains his gaze downward. "...I couldn't believe he would do that." 

Jaemin gasps with his mouth agape, finally filling in the missing link. On the first day of school, that strange forbidding message, that 'JUST THIS ONCE, DON'T INVITE HIM AT ALL'. Could it be because of this? Well, he is not entirely sure but he has a gist. He recalls Jeno was on the phone the entire time they were walking towards Donghyuck's bakeshop. So, he must've been talking to his bestfriend Chenle. And since they invited him along, they didn't get to meet. If only they hadn't invited him along, Chenle would still be alive today and Jeno wouldn't be this lonely. Masked by guilt, Jaemin couldn't believe he let that happen. 

"Before we moved here, I made a promise to him that I will never join soccer again." Jeno continued, but this time nonchalantly smiling at him. "And also, that's why I was absent for two weeks...I have to go back to Seoul for his funeral." 

But Jaemin recalled that his absence was just because he feels like skipping school. So, Jeno lied?

Jeno's existence is a one big secret and he badly wants to unearth all the things about him. But how can he? When Jeno's unknowingly pushing people away that could possibly care for him. He was indeed correct after all - that the reason why Jeno dropped out of soccer and his absence of two weeks are affliated. It was all because of Chenle's death. 

"Sorry for talking about such strange stuff." Jeno said, now fully smiling. But, Jaemin still sees the great facade over his face.

"It's not strange at all. I'm sorry about Chenle. You guys must've been great friends." Jaemin said, careful with his words. 

"Yeah, we were." Jeno responded then smiles at nowhere probably thinking of the bestfriend he lost.

"Hey, Jeno." He called out even though the latter's just within earshot from him. At his call, Jeno turns to face him. "I'll bring one again tomorrow." The words confused Jeno so much that the latter just gave him a questioning look. "I'll cook you another lunch tomorrow and the day after that. Everyday. And if you can't get up in the morning, I'll call you and wake you up." Jaemin said loud and clear. He doesn't really know where that ooze of confidence came from but there's no point in turning back now. 

Jeno laughs hysterically, even holding out his hand over to his abdomen. "I'm sorry but I actually really wanted you to and wondered if you would. So I'm really happy that you said that without me asking you. Thank you, Nana." Jeno finally refrained from laughing and smiles at him longingly, completely pure of bliss. 

Jaemin wants to reach out to the latter. If anything, he's willing to break down the walls that Jeno's been unconsciously building. If even possible, he would get inside that wall with him, make him feel like he's not alone, and so he doesn't have the need to lie to them, tell them exactly what he's been going through. Because going an extra mile for a person, can affect them positively in the long run and for Jeno, he's more than willing to. Yes, he'll stay true to his words and do those things for Jeno. 

For Jeno.  

As if on cue, the school bell rings and their lunch period is finally over. Jeno looks across to their tupperware of foods and notices that they were only able to finish half of what Jaemin prepared sadden by that thought he says, "Would you mind if I take this home? I swear I won't throw it out." 

"Now, you just gave me an impression that you would." Jaemin replied making the other guy laugh.

"I promise I won't!" Jaemin just responded with a smile. "Oh, and Jaemin. I realize you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter