챕터3

Letters From The Black Hole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ A/N: Please always take note of the date, it's really important and also to avoid any confusion of the timeline. Happy reading! ^^ ♦

 

 → March 6, 2018 - TUESDAY

 

When Jaemin woke up the next morning, he received the second letter. It was nestled atop his desk just like the first one. He stared at it wide eyed and completely baffled. There wasn't much difference from the first one; the envelope still has that familiar handwriting of his name across the middle.

But how the hell did it got here? As if the message written on it wasn't enough to confuse him. He decided to ask his mother about this. Of course, he won't disclose the fact that it was written by his twenty seven year old self. If ever it was sent by a postman, his mom is probably the one who put it on his desk.

When he got downstairs, his mom was busy preparing breakfast. Without further ado, he went on with the question. "Mom, did a mail arrive here this morning or yesterday?" He asked while his mom's back facing towards him totally immersed with cooking.

"I haven't notice. Why honey are you expecting something?" His mom quickly responded.

"Noth..." He was about to say no but then again he couldn't think of any alibi if his mother ask why is he even asking in the first place. "Yes...I, ah, kinda ordered a hoodie online." He white lied.

By this time, his mother already faced him, looking very incandescent about the fact that his son ordered yet another unnecessary thing online. Hey, he can't help it if Shopee prices are very affordable.Anyway, it was the only thing he could think of at the moment that would seem believable.

"Again?" His mom said disappointingly. "We talked about this Nana!" His mom exclaimed with that hand over the hip familiar pose that most mothers do whenever they're upset.

"I'm sorry. I swear I needed it this time!" He was kinda happy that it turned out to be a perfect lie. Either that or his mother would think his crazy when he blurts out this letter from the future .

"Fine. I'll receive it when it arrives."

"Thanks a lot, Mom!"

"Just go ahead and help me with the table. Is hamburger and veggies sounds good for your lunch later?"

"Perfect!" He answered as he starts to set up the plates.

Of course, it couldn't be sent via a mailman. Jaemin was distraught. So, his mom is not aware of any letters popping out of nowhere either. It's also definitely not his father since he's only home during the weekends.

So, how the hell did it get up to his room? Drastic to find out how, he starts to plot and thought of putting in some hidden cameras in his room - just like what they do in paranormal activity. But the fear of catching someone on cam arriving in the middle of the night just to leave a letter scared him and what if it’s not even human at all? So, he ultimately disregards his scheme.

 

→ March 19, 2018 - MONDAY

 

For two weeks, Jeno didn't come to school.

Also for two weeks, Jaemin avoided to read the second letter. He was so firm on his decision when he re-read the first letter that he would never bother reading those mysterious letters again. But the absence of Jeno has become quite alarming to him. He tried asking Mr. Kim about it last week but he too wasn't given any excuse and even he tried to call him but no one's picking up the phone.

Could that "don't invite him” have something to do with his nonappearance?

But that's highly unlikely since nothing disturbing happened after they invited him.

Unless...something must have happened when Jeno got home. But, what could it be?

So in depth in thinking, Jaemin did not even notice that its half past twelve. He fixes his sleeping position and stares at his bottom drawer. Inside there lies all the answer he wants to know about Jeno. He just gotta have the guts to open it. He couldn't even believe that he's actually bothered with this Jeno thing. His heart is still in and out of the situation. He just needs a good enough reason to fully involved himself with Jeno.

Upon staring at his study table, the usual place where the two letters popped up, he realized that the third letter hasn't been delivered yet.

It must be because I haven't read the second letter. Jaemin hypothesized in his head.

He was half expecting for the past two weeks, that a new later day by day would arrive but he was deemed wrong. Therefore, he really needs to read the second letter first. He got up from his resting position and retrieved the letter from his bottom drawer. He's going nuts. Crazy even. He's going against what he initially decided.

He wants to know badly just what happened to Jeno this past two weeks. Since he can no longer take it, he ripped open the second letter and finally decided to read it.

 

 → March 19, 2018 - MONDAY

 

When Jaemin arrived at school by morning, everyone was wearing their PE uniforms and sports attires. It was their school's annual Athletics Cup promulgated as a welcome party to their newly entered students.

Jaemin was wearing his volleyball uniform from last year. He's not really good at the sport but the team needed someone to fill in the remaining vacancy. He initially declined the position but his ever persistent friend named Lee Donghyuck forced him. He's only in as pinched server so he's not entirely stressing out about their upcoming match unlike most of his teammates.

His main agenda for today is to look for Lee Jeno.

Much to his disappointment, the letter did not mention Jeno's absence for two weeks. It somehow fast forward to this day. Jaemin guessed last night that perhaps his future self also failed to obtain the reason behind Jeno's awol. So that means, future Jaemin is only capable of writing what he knows in his own perspective.

As he was nearing the main building to go to their room and to sign his attendance, he bumped into the duo of Donghyuck and Mark. Honestly, Jaemin doesn't know how these two still continue to accompany each other despite their nonsense fighting.

"Hey there slowpoke. Where do you think you’re going?" Donghyuck asked as Jaemin reached the stairways to the main building.

Jaemin just uttered the most obvious answer, "Ahm...to sign my attendance." He also would like to see Jeno. But ultimately, he was trying to prove the validness of the second letter. It says that Jeno is present for today and Jaemin wants to see him, badly.

"There's no need for that I already forged your signature." Mark said.

"Yeah, and were on the Preparation Committee so let's go prepare something." Donghyuck said annoyingly whilst pulling a sluggish Jaemin alongside him.

"What exactly are we going to prepare?" Jaemin asked with much disinterest.

"The volleyball matches later. Those pesky referees are too lazy to carry the equipments from the storage unit."

"Didn't it occur to them that we're the players and we're supposed to be taken care of?"

"That's right!"

"Hey, is this the first time that you two agreed on something?" Jaemin started to tease.

", no!"

"Na-uh, he just doesn't know how to fight me."

"Oh you wish, I could take you on any time."

"Bring it on then !"

And there goes the usual pointless bickering - a trademark of Mark and Donghyuck. Jaemin just sighs and progress towards the storage unit.

 

It was dusty as Mark opens the door of the storage unit. There was this weird unexplainable putrid scent that disperses throughout the room. Jaemin tried to open the lights but wasn't even surprise when it didn't.

"The , smells like someone died in there." Donghyuck complained disgustingly covering his nose and keeping a foot distance away from the room.

Jaemin wondered how this room got this bad when they even celebrated the Athletics Cup last year too so surely someone must have been here but didn't even bother to clean it up. "Let's just take what we need and go." He suggested as he has more important things to attend to and this ancient storage room is not even his priority.

"Ok, I'm not going in there. Just hand me the things that we need." Donghyuck said.

"Sissy!" Mark interjected.

"What?! Do you want me to lock you in there?"

"Shush! We have no time for fighting. Seriously!" Jaemin quickly intervened before the fight ensues.

He entered the narrow and grabby room, swiping off some cobwebs off of his head. Their only means of illumination was from the sun but even that is not enough so Jaemin used the flashlight of his phone in order to see better, placing it in one of the top shelves. Jaemin handed first the net to Mark, and he in turn handed it to Donghyuck outside. They work like a unit, Jaemin bravely grabbing the things that they needed, holding in his breath as he do so, and passed it onto his friends.

"I guess that's everything that we need." Jaemin said dusting off his hands for the last time.

"Yeah, let's get out of here." Mark pleaded.

As they were about to head out, Jaemin remembered that he left his phone on the shelf. But Mark was already shutting the door close and out of reflex Jaemin used his hand to prevent it from closing and as a result his fingers crushed against the door frame.

Jaemin acted in pain instantly, holding out his fingers from the excruciating pain.

"Holy , Jaemin!" His two friends lurched forward as Jaemin dropped down on the floor gripping his fingers as if it would alleviate the pain.

"What were you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter