챕터1

Letters From The Black Hole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ A/N: Please always take note of the date, it's really important and also to avoid any confusion of the timeline. Happy reading! ^^ ♦ 

 

→ March 5, 2018 - MONDAY
 

On his first day back to school, Na Jaemin received a letter.

It was rather simple, concealed in a white envelope with his name displayed across the middle.

He thought of many odd things upon receiving the letter, like who's the sender?

It appears that he or she did not even include any returning address. More importantly, is writing a letter still a thing? It's so strange to receive a letter especially in this time when the modern age messenger app has provided a more flexible means of communication. So, what's the deal with the sender?

But the most profoundly odd thing that Jaemin noticed was the handwriting. It is so strangely similar to his own.

Without providing any conclusion, he stuff the letter inside his bag, yells a goodbye to his mom, and proceeds to go to school. He made a mental note that he would read it in between classes.

He was running late and he blamed his own body for being such a heavy sleeper.

In the southeast coast of South Korea, a small district named Jinhae exist under a near constant cover of clouds and is famous for its annual cherry blossom festival every spring. The city front is on a sheltered, island-studded bay, and is almost completely surrounded by mountains. Basically, the sun hardly visits in this inconsequential side of the city.

When Jaemin arrived at school, he noticed that his friends are not in their usual meeting place every morning - an indication that he was indeed very late and that they left without him.

It wasn't really a prestigious school but Gyeonghwa High is where Jaemin studied ever since kindergarten and most of his school mates from before are still his school mates up until now. So, everybody knows everybody - from their most embarrassing moment to their first stupid crush in elementary it’s all written in the history books of Gyeonghwa High and everyone here has read it.

He stopped to grab some air by the school gate, huffing and puffing here and there to even his breathing. He then feels a vibration from his pocket and immediately takes his phone out. It was a text from Renjun saying that they are all still in the same class and their room's at 4B.

He was relieved. During the summer break, his friends were all praying that they would still be in the same classes especially now they are on their final year. They would all like to graduate together with their friendship since kindergarten still intact.

He lay holds a deep breath then dashes across the quadrangle through the main building's entrance - where most of the classes are situated. Subsequently, he heads straight to their designated classroom.

From afar, he could already hear their homeroom teacher calling out the attendance. He opens the door slightly and very quietly and soon enough his friends - Renjun, Mark, Donghyuck, and Jisung - noticied him, presumably already on their assigned seats.

He slowly enters the door and noiselessly sat at one of the two available chairs in the back. Renjun gave him a thumbs up probably saying that his name hasn't be called yet.

He sighs. He has never been late before. Ever. He has a smooth attendance record at school from the very beginning and being a very diligent student he doesn't want to tarnish it.

"Na Jaemin." Mr. Kim, their homeroom teacher, beckoned.

"Here." Jaemin quickly responded with his hand raised.

"Oh please, don't you think I didn't see you sneaking inside?" Mr. Kim retorted with his spectacles dangling on the edge of his crooked nose. "Oh never mind, it’s only the first day anyways." With that said his record was still clean and Mr. Lee move on with the others.

When he was settling his bag down, the letter he received early this morning popped up to him. He took it out, staring again at the oddly similar handwriting of the sender to his own. Jaemin then wondered if it was him who wrote it and may have forgotten that he did. He was up really late last night and writing to himself seems such a good way to induced sleep. But he doesn't recall doing such a thing.

Or could it be a love letter? But, his oh so similar handwriting denies it.

Should I read it now? He thought. And without thinking of an answer he ripped opened the envelope.

The mail inside appears to be written on a paper torn from a notebook. He unfolded the note and begins to read its contents.

 

Mr. Na Jaemin

To my high school senior self, how are you?

I am writing to you from 10 years in the future.

 

WTF?! Ten years in the future? Is this a prank? He immediately thought then eyed his friends one by one trying to figure out who could possibly orchestrated this. With no one in mind, he continued with the next sentence.

 

Now, you're probably wondering if this is a prank.

If so, it's not.

 

DOUBLE WTF?! It’s as if the letter is the one reading him right now. What the hell is this? Jaemin can't help but furiously asked himself. Albeit nervous, he continued on with the next sentence.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter