챕터2

Letters From The Black Hole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The walk towards Donghyuck's bakery is fairly normal.

Mark and Donghyuck were going at it again with bickering, while Renjun did his best to prevent the quarrel from further escalating. Jisung, the youngest, was on his own world reading a book while following closely behind.

This was it. The thing that Jaemin will truly miss once they graduate. It may be too early to think of it now but he couldn't help it. He wants to treasure them forever.

His gaze went from his friends to Jeno who's been staring at his phone looking all troubled.

 

JUST THIS ONCE, DON'T INVITE HIM AT ALL

 

The mysterious message popped up again. It's like a foreboding but being new to this kind of situation he decided to neglect it. He's also been very extra vigilant since they step off the campus thinking perhaps something or someone dangerous is lurking within close range. But again, there's no indication that something might go wrong.

When they finally reached their destination, the various scent of pastry and cookeries invited them in. Since the popularity of the bakery shop skyrocketed, Donghyuck's family took the liberty and expanded the place by adding more seats and tables even applying some pastry-related decor all over the walls.

It was incredibly crowded today especially it’s only a half day in school but fortunately the group of friends manage to find a table capable of occupying the six of them. As the rest of them took their seats, Donghyuck excused himself for a while to fetch their food.

"First things first, let me introduce everybody," Renjun said as they get comfy on their seats. "My name's Huang Renjun and yes, I'm actually Chinese but I already spent a decade of my life here in Korea." Jeno just nodded in response, clearly not expecting that Renjun's from China.

"He's actually an illegal immigrant here so it's better not to be friends with him." Donghyuck said out of nowhere as he rejoined the group once more.

"Shut up! Please don't listen to him from now on Jeno. It's for your own good." Renjun said.

"Yah! Why are you so back early? Where's our food?" Mark demanded.

"Calm your they're just reheating it!" Donghyuck retorted.

"Ok, ok, ok, enough! Jesus Christ. Don't start fighting again," Renjun went in between the two, preventing the quarrel once more. "Going back, these two are Mark Lee and Lee Donghyuck. You'll soon get used to them fighting."

Jeno immediately snickered. "We have three Lee's here."

It took a while before they register what Jeno was referring too and upon noticing it, they all eyed the three Lees and soon enough they join Jeno with the laughter.

"Haha, I never noticed it until now." Jaemin said.

"God, you guys are so stupid." Jisung blurted out, who appears to have realized it earlier than the others.

"This always serious lad," Renjun continued as he s onto Jisung's shoulder. "Park Ji Sung. The resident bookworm of this town. And he also happens to be a great dancer."

"One time I saw him dancing on the theatre room and he was actually wearing a tutu." Donghyuck whispered to Jeno.

"Hey, I heard that and that ain't true!" Jisung retorted annoyingly, in which Jeno just giggled, clearly like the jokester Donghyuck.

"And lastly our very own cute flower boy Mr. Na Jaemin." 

Jeno and Jaemin made an eye contact and the two just exchange a curt smile. Unbelievably, this was actually their first interaction since neither of them talked to each other earlier.

"Oh, my cute seatmate. I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself earlier." Jeno said.

"Wait, did you just call him cute?" Donghyuck immediately intervened.

"What? NO! I-I mean Renjun introduced him as a cute flower boy earlier so I happened to just picked that up." Jeno countered looking all flustered.

"Yah! What are you trying to start?" Jaemin exclaimed slapping Donghyuck's hand. "Sorry about this. It's really nice to meet you Jeno."

"I feel the same." Jeno replied to him with that innate crescent-moon eyed smile.

"Look at that, he said he feels the same. You guys should totally date each other."

"WHAT?! NO!" The two guys involved quickly yelped.

"See, they are so in sync." 

"Ok, that's enough again Donghyuck. Let's not embarrass our new friend." Renjun reprimanded.

"Psh. You can't take a joke. I'll go check on our food." And Donghyuck got up and went back to the kitchen once more.

There was an awkward pause after Donghyuck left and Jaemin is beyond embarrassed as he was already fidgeting on his seat yelling out countless profanities to Donghyuck inside his head.

To somehow ease the awkwardness, Renjun suddenly uttered something. "So...Jeno, why did you left Seoul?"

Jaemin noticed that the question actually came out as a surprise to Jeno judging by the bolt from the blue look on the new guy's face.

"Oh! If you don't mind me asking...that is." Renjun quickly added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter