9 Coco

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has not been long since I joined my human's family but I really believe I'm one of the luckiest dogs in the world for having Kang Sunghoon as my human. He was thinking of getting a white fluffy dog, but he chose me instead. He has been the most doting human, even referring to himself as “Coco's appa.” He even namedropped me in his interview with the media for Hoony World. “I like Coco,” he replied to a question regarding something that he really likes. I couldn't be any happier.

 

Hoony World is a chain of specialty stores in Korea and is now branching out to other Asian countries. We just got back from a productive trip in Taiwan but I guess Sunghoon has missed some important events while we were away because Eun Jiwon—the person who I allegedly remind my human of—is here to nag him. Not that Jiwon would ever nag my human as much as I've heard him nag their other friends. He seemed to be soft when it comes to Sunghoon. Could it be because Jiwon and Sunghoon go a long way back? I have learned that they were housemates in their teenage years as students in Hawaii. But I dare think the nagging is an excuse to visit and update on each other's business, personal and otherwise.

 

“You missed Jaijin's opening reception,” Jiwon started as soon as he released Sunghoon from their quick hug.

 

Sunghoon pouted then said, “But I've already gone to see it.” Jiwon's brow raised, his question on his face. “The day I arrived.” He continued, “Actually, I also videocalled him that night, but you have left. With a woman.”


At Sunghoon's retort, Jiwon instantly turned sheepish. “Jaijin told you huh?” He was now seated at the sofa, so I playfully tugged at the hem of his jeans. He quickly picked me up and looked me in the eyes before he settled me in his lap.

 

“Not really. Just that you seem to be interested in someone you work with. Dara-ssi?” Jiwon's expression was hard to read, but he was not denying anything. Sunghoon must have understood what Jiwon was thinking because he let out a deep sigh. Is Jiwon in trouble? I wonder.

 

Sunghoon went to the kitchen to get some food and drinks, and as he placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter