8 Dadoong

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara has been staring at her phone screen for some time now since she came back from the exhibit opening so I climbed on the sofa to take a peek. She was looking at a picture of her and a familiar looking guy in an arcade. Where have I seen him before? Ah, in a performance video! With two other guys Dara had performed with before; Jinu and Sean if my memory serves me. Dara used to refer to the guy in the picture as Timjangnim but recently, she calls him Eun Leader. I bunted her to get her attention, but she just my head absentmindedly. Her phone rang shortly after, and she picked up the video call. I settled on her lap.


“Ajumma! This better be good.” Oh, it's Chaerin, one of her closest friends.


“Chaerin-a! I think I'm in big trouble.”


“Wae?”

 

“You're right. I do like him.” Dara confessed, looking unhappy. But why does my human look unhappy over liking someone? Isn't it supposed to make her feel light and giddy?


Chaerin was not surprised. “Are you talking about who I think you're talking about?”


“Who do you think I'm talking about?”

 

Chaerin's smile widened before replying, “The guy with the nice hands. Handsome face. Full of swag. Your boss?”

 

Dara nodded but told Chaerin “He doesn't want to be called boss.”

 

“So how do we call him now?”

 

“Eun Leader.”


“Alright, Eun Leader then. What happened?”


Dara was only recalling what happened but she couldn't hide the flush in her cheeks.“We were both at Lee Jaijin ssaem's art exhibit earlier. Talked about art and music and work. Well, mostly art. Then we went to have coffee at Mino's.”

 

Chaerin prompted Dara to tell her more.“Oooh. And then?”


“We found that we both like playing arcade games. So we went to this old school arcade. Remember the one we used to go to?”


“It was a date!” Chaerin exclaimed, wide eyed.

 

“It's not!” Dara countered loudly and quickly, then softly added, “But it felt like one. I really had a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter