6 Donut

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My human is home after being away for a long time. Lee Chaerin has been studying and working in Paris the last couple of years so I am left in the care of her sister Harin. I miss Chaerin and it would be nice to be getting some alone time with her but she has invited some people over for dinner and catch-up so I don't dare bother her now. While she is prepping for their arrival I am sitting and watching her from atop the cabinet when the doorbell rings. An advance party. Who could it be?

 

“Donut-a!” Dara calls my name as she enters the apartment and steps toward my location. I should have known that she would come early to help Chaerin out. She always greets me warmly whenever she visits. I swish my tail in acknowledgment.

 

“Ajumma! Why do you always greet Donut first? Come and hug me!” Chaerin complains so Dara backtracks to oblige her.

 

“I really miss you, Unnie!” Chaerin wraps her arms around Dara who tries to return her hug even if both her hands are holding plastic bags.

 

“Me too. I miss you, Chaerin-a!”

 

Chaerin takes the bags from Dara and puts them on the table. Dara puts on an apron to start helping out with dinner preparation.

 

“How's Paris?”

 

“Hot. Literally. And deserted this time of the year. Most are away on vacation.”

 

“How's YG?”

 

“The president or the company?” Dara asks mischievously. They both laugh. Chaerin and Dara had met and worked together at YG so Chaerin knows most of the people at the company.


“Haha. Never mind. I'm more interested to hear about your project manager. What's his name again?”

 

“Eun Jiwon. I already told you about him.” Dara replies, sounding evasive.

 

“I need an update.” Chaerin prods for information, something she is really good at. “I don't know but I feel something's going on and you are being secretive. Come on, Unnie! Spill! It's not like I'm going to tell anyone at the company.” Chaerin knows exactly how to make Dara open up.


“You know how I felt when I didn't get the promotion, right? I told you I'm going to show them that they made a wrong decision.” Dara recalls.

 

“And?”

 

“But they didn't. They got the best guy they could possibly get.” Dara shrugs her shoulders, admitting her wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter