7 Charls

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the opening of my human's solo art exhibition. In the art community, Jaijin is known as Hanzo, which is also the name he signs his works with. I know I keep saying how cool Jaijin is but I can't help it. I'm proud of him and his accomplishments, and happy that I get to see not only the final output but moreso the process. As creative work is a laborious and often a lonely process, I hope that my presence at the atelier makes it a little less lonely for Jaijin.

 

Many have come to congratulate Jaijin, and I finally saw the catlike human that Jaijin and Jiwon had spoken about when Jiwon paid him a visit at the atelier. I was right; she is beautiful. How else could she have made a lasting impression on Jaijin otherwise?

 

“Congratulations, Ssaem. Thank you for inviting me.” Dara bowed and handed Jaijin a beribboned bottle of wine.

 

“I'm glad you could come. It's been a while.” Jaijin replied, smiling, making his dimples visible.

 

Dara lowered her head to look me in the eyes and asked, “Who's this good kitty?”


“This is Charls.”

 

“Annyeong, Charls. I'm Dara.” She extended her hand toward me, and I rubbed my head in it. She my chin gently, and I purred. She smiled brightly.

 

“Do you still paint?” Jaijin asked to regain her attention.

 

Did her smile fade a little? I wonder why. “Just sketches.”


“That's too bad. I thought you had potential.” Pardon my human, Dara, I wanted to tell her. His bluntness is one of his charms.

 

“Really? I wonder if I could take up the brush again.” What a relief! She didn't sound like she was offended.

 

“Never too late.” Jaijin told Dara, but his eyes were on the person behind her. “Unlike this one.” Dara turned to look at the newly arrived guest.

 

“Congratulations, Jaijin,” Jiwon said, extending his right hand. He was holding a bag containing a potted plant on his other hand.


Jaijin had an eyebrow raised. “Obviously you didn't read the invite thoroughly. No flowers or potted plants.”

 

“Sorry.” Jiwon smiled apologetically, handing Jaijin the plant.

 

“Here, hold Charls for me.” Jaijin handed me over to Jiwon to take the plant away. I was wishing Jaijin handed me to Dara instead when Jiwon massaged me behind the ears. I couldn't help but purr in approval.

 

“How did you and Jaijin ssaem meet?” Dara was obviously curious.


“We met at uni. Jaijin and I belonged to a dance group. Suwon too.”

 

“Really? That's why you dance so well.”

 

“You think so?” Did Jiwon blush? I think he did.

 

“Yes! I sometimes think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter