11 Dadoong

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It might be the changes in weather, but Dara has not been feeling well since she got back from her business trip. Eun Leader had assigned her to do the presentation for their projects in Singapore and the Philippines, while he did the same in Australia and Taiwan. Durami, who looked after me while Dara was away, was hesitant to leave us but she also had prior appointments to keep. Moreover, Dara insisted that she was fine, that she just needed to drink more liquid and to catch up on sleep.

 

However, Dara was feverish last night, and could barely get up this morning to notify the office of her sick leave. I think Eun Leader sent her a message shortly after because her expression brightened the way it does whenever she receives messages from him.

 

Dara went back to bed after making sure that I had food and water and a clean litter box. I sat by her bed, wishing I could take care of her the same way she takes care of me. From how she had picked on her food with a fork, she didn't have much of an appetite. It doesn't show in her body but it is a fact that she is a big eater. I wish I could call Durami or Cheondoong to bring her something good to eat.

 

Dara has slept the day away, only getting up to use the comfort room or to take her meds. The sound of her phone woke her up. She picked up the call, and a mixture of surprise and panic was all over her face as she spoke with Eun Leader who was already at the basement parking of our apartment building. Eun Leader called to ask for her unit number which Dara managed to mumble out but as soon as they got off the phone, she was not only wide awake, her emotions were in hyperdrive despite being sick.


Dara turned to ask me, “Dadoong-ie, ottoke? What do I do?” I could only purr.


She went to the bathroom to fix herself up. My human is most beautiful with a bare face although she looks much paler today. That must be why she quickly put some tint on her cheeks and lips.


The doorbell rang, and as my human opened the door, I finally saw Eun Jiwon in the flesh. And I get it now, why Dara feels so conflicted about him. Eun Jiwon has an air of gravitas; his intimidating presence commands full attention. But this instantly vanishes the moment he smiles. He's actually got a boy-next-door demeanor that makes me ask how he could be in his 40s. Then again, I have a similar question when it comes to Dara. How could she be in her 30s?


“Hi.” Eun Leader greeted shyly, in total contrast to his charismatic persona.


“Hello. This is so unexpected.” Dara stuttered, still in disbelief that Eun Leader was here, visiting her. She lead him to the living room. But before she could ask him to take a seat, Eun Leader put his hand on her forehead.

 

“You're still running a temperature. What time should you take your med?”

 

“8 o'clock.”

 

He checked the time on the wall clock. “You better eat then.”

 

“I don't have an appetite.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter