14 Edworld

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My human is sad that one of his favorite clients is moving away. I guess I was right after all: Tony does have a soft spot for Dara. Whether his feelings are strictly brotherly or something different entirely, I don't know, but the fact that he was more than willing to host her sendoff party at the Mimishop rooftop stands.

 

I heard Dara has been offered an artist residency in Paris. Paris! It seems like a dreamy place from what I have seen in television shows and films. I think Dara will fit right in. Well, stand out is more like it. Even with her usual oversize clothes and a cap or bucket hat, she looks out of this world. Depending on her makeup, she can look like a vampire one moment, an ethereal goddess the next. But today, wearing a white shirt with a flower print, denim pants, and a pair of sneakers, she looks like a young woman fresh out of university, taking her first step into a new world.

 

Dara has grown quite close to the Mimishop staff especially Cheetah, who often does her makeup for events she attends. I also heard they hang out together. Aside from the Mimishop staff, I have met most people who were present for the sendoff. Jaeduck and Suwon occasionally have drinking sessions with Tony at home. Being restaurant owner and cafeteria manager, respectively, they were the ones in charge of the food catering. I wish Jaeduck brought along Alexanduck who I consider to be my best buddy but I guess having us both would be quite handful for the humans. Dara's former teammates Seunghoon, Jinwoo, Hayi, and Suhyun were present as well.


There were lots of people to play with, but there was someone I looked forward to seeing the most. That would be Eun Jiwon, who I decided not long ago to be my third most favorite human. Of course Tony comes first, then Jaeduck (mostly because of Xanduckie), then Jiwon is third because he always plays well with me whenever he visits. Guess I'm not the only one waiting for someone as Dara kept glancing at the rooftop stairs if not looking down the street even as she held her end of the conversation with Tony and Cheetah when the others had left. Wait. I remember something. Could it be that we are waiting for the same person?

 

I knew it! The smile that quickly formed in Dara's lips as soon as she saw Jiwon, and Jiwon's gaze which always returned to her even as Jiwon exchanged greetings with Jaeduck and Suwon and made his way towards her were enough to answer my question. However, there was something else that I have noticed. Dara's smile didn't quite reach her eyes as it usually does, while Jiwon's intense gaze had a heaviness to it. Like he was trying to burn every inch of her into his brain, pinning down every small detail. Tony and Cheetah, after exchanging greetings with Jiwon, left as if on cue.

 

“Dara,” Jiwon called out her name softly.

 

“Sunbaenim,” Dara responded. “I was about to give up on you coming here. Our teammates have all gone home.”


“Why would I miss this? Tony is known for throwing awesome parties. Heck, he even threw his dog a lavish birthday party.” Jiwon laughed, obviously amused by the idea of throwing a party for a pet.

 

But what Jiwon said was true. Eventhough not as many people were invited (in fact t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter