4 Edworld

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stand in rapt attention as the door opens and the chimes sing. I then happily follow my human to welcome the newly arrived guest at Mimishop, a full-service beauty and wellness shop that Tony An owns. I wag my tail, recognizing our guest. Dara comes to our shop regularly, every second and fourth week of the month, to have her hair treated and her nails done.

 

“Welcome, Dara-ssi.” Tony greets Dara warmly. He is always happy to see her I wonder if he harbors a little crush.

 

“Hi Tony sajangnim! I'm here for my appointment.” Dara replies, smiling shyly.

 

My human checks his log book. “Hair and makeup, right?” he confirms with Dara.

 

“Yes.”


“I heard you are this year's MC at the company anniversary party.”


“A, yes.”


Oh, it's for a special ocassion. I thought so. It hasn't been long since her last visit. Tony goes to check on the staff while Dara sits down on the sofa in the waiting area. I keep wagging my tail as I approach to get her attention. Dara used to be afraid of me, well I heard she was afraid of dogs in general, but she has pet me in her last few visits so I'm hopeful. Dara looks at me, beams a smile, and pets my head. Success!


“I'm sorry you have to wait a little bit for Cheetah.”


“I came a bit early. It's not a problem.”

 

Dara plays catch with me a bit, and that makes me happy until Cheetah shows up to lead Dara to the makeup area.


“Hi Dara-ssi. Let's get you ready for the party.”


I am just bouncing here and there at the shop when the door opens and another guest comes in. I also know him! I like playing with him!

 

“Welcome, Jiwon-a!” Tony greets the guest. Soyul must have heard who came in because she comes out of the staff area quickly.


“Hello Jiwon-ssi. This way please.”

 

I follow them to the makeup area where the two guests look at each other on the mirror, recognition apparent on their faces. Dara stands to greet Jiwon who returns her greeting. I sense something between them. Unease? Tension?

 

“You know each other! Eun Jiwon-ssi, you have joined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter