12 Lucy

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the number of crumpled paper Jiwon has thrown in the bin, I am thinking that he should stop trying to work on whatever it is he is working on. Clearly he is distracted. He would reach out for his phone but would stop before he could actually hold it. He is not the type to be indecisive, and with how often and deep his sighs are, I am rather worried. I grunted to get his attention and he pet me absentmindedly.

 

Hearing a soft knock on the door, Jiwon stood up to open it. I'm sure it's Jaijin. I could easily tell whether Jiwon's visitor is an old friend or not by the way they ring (or not, in Jaijin's case) the doorbell.

 

“Thanks for coming over on such short notice.”


Jaijin handed Jiwon two black plastic bags as he took off his shoes and got a pair of house slippers to wear. “You could have dropped by at the atelier. You know that you are welcome anytime.”

 

“I don't want anything there to get trashed just in case my temper gets the better of me. Better to break one of my own belongings, right?” Jiwon explained while preparing the table. It's going to be a long night judging from the number of soju bottles he's taking out of the bag.

 

“That bad huh?”


Jiwon rubbed his temples as he always does when he has been thinking over something. “What's with your brother-in-law? I waited all week for our one-on-one meeting and he canceled at the last minute.”

 

I sat by Jaijin's feet, and he gave me a quick body rub. I like that most of Jiwon's friends keep pets so they are comfortable with my presence in the room. Among his friends I love Sunghoon and Jaeduck the most though because they are most affectionate with me. Also I like playing with Coco and Xanduckie if they bring them along here.

 

“You know I don't meddle in his business as much as he doesn't in mine. Now I kind of regret giving him your number back then. What's your deal?”

 

“On a personal level, nothing much but on an organizational level, a lot. Now I understand why some key people have left. To be honest the company owes much to those who have stayed. Dara, Suhyun, Hayi, even Seungri, Jaewon ... Too many people are not getting what they deserve.

 

“Messy huh?”

 

Jiwon nodded and continued, “Seriously messy. I have asked for additional personnel because of our increased workload. My intention is to create a team dedicated to SEA projects. Dara did great handling the Singapore and Philippine projects on her own so I recommended her for a promotion.”

 

“And?”

 

Jiwon sighed his frustration. “It's taking them forever to process it. Even a lateral transfer took so long.”

 

Jaijin is a good listener, paying attention t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter