10 Alexanduck

The Truth According to Cats and Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday nights are the busiest at Duckie's, the bistro my human opened about a year ago. Kim Jaeduck used to work fulltime as a music producer but as much as he loves music, he got too stressed over the business side of it. He considered the other things that he enjoys such as steaks and wines, and put them all together in this place I consider my second home. There's a sign at Duckie's door to warn those allergic to anything furry of my presence. I bet Jaeduck went through so much in order to get the necessary permit that allows me to stay here during business hours.

 

I have a special place near the wine bar where I have a good view of the stage, more an elevated platform really, where Jaeduck sometimes plays music if he feels like doing so. Otherwise, I stay with him behind the counter where he works the cash register. But tonight seemed special since Jaeduck himself worked in the kitchen to prepare the food that has been served to Jiwon and his team. Jaeduck and Jiwon are close like brothers, belonging to a close circle of friends that have been together for over 20 years. So Jiwon was actually tasked to look after me which he usually does like I am his own but tonight he seemed rather distracted maybe because he also had to look after his team.

 

“I still can't believe we are here. Everything here is awesome! No wonder it is difficult to get a table,” said Jinwoo who was busily observing from where he was seated.

 

Seunghoon agreed and added, “Thanks, Leadernim! Because of you we don't only have a table, we are getting the best service.”

 

Jiwon looked expectantly at the lone female in their group, the one he introduced to Jaeduck earlier as Dara. She smiled shyly, picked up her wine glass, and slightly raised it.

 

“How about a toast?” Dara proposed.

 

Jiwon raised his wine glass and called a toast. “To us and all our projects!”


“Cheers!”

 

It gave me such pride that everyone was enjoying the food and having a fine time. Jaeduck himself looked satisfied as he received their compliments when he joined them after all their orders have been served.

 

Jaeduck told the team, “Suwon feels bad that he can't join us tonight.”


Jiwon chuckled, “Why do I feel rather relieved about that?”

 

Jaeduck laughed at Jiwon's reaction. “Because the savage one can't ruin you in front of your team's eyes. You all know Suwon, right?” Seunghoon, Jinwoo, and Dara nodded. They were all listening attentively.


Jiwon clarified, “Don't misunderstand. We all adore him, but he can get just a little out of control.”


“Just a little?” Jaeduck contradicted. Jiwon was about to explain but had to excuse himself to pick up a call.


“How do you find working with Jiwon hyung? He's one of the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter