Siblings

Inmate 457
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi HaSeul

Today, YongGuk wanted to have a whole day with his sister. He was getting ready for the day, actually putting on his shoes. “Are you sure you don’t want to join us ?”

I giggled. He was afraid I’d feel left out. We had this conversation a dozen time already. I shook my head and stood up. “You’re going to the attractions park and you know I don’t like that. Just go with your sister.”

“What are you going to do ?” He asked, with a pout. I smiled. YongGuk has too much of a good heart. I wanted him to spend time with his family, I could meet his sister later, it didn't really matter.

“Stay at home. Maybe do a bit of cleaning ?”

"Or ... you could come with us to the attractions park."

I looked at YongGuk and shook my head. "Your sister wants to spend time with you. Come on YongGuk. Don't be clingy like that. She wants to see her brother, not her brother and his girlfriend."

He groaned. "Okay ..." He put a lot of effort into his clothes and hair. He looked gorgeous  yet I could sense he was nervous. I came to his side and smoothed his collar. "You're handsome."

He had a nervous smile. "I look nothing like the brother she knew."

"And that's perfectly fine." I reassured him. I pecked his lips and hushed him outside. "Now go ! Have fun !"

I looked at YongGuk open he gate hesitantly and tried to stay smiley. I would never know how difficult it was for him to go and meet his sister after years of being in jail. The pressure.

*

“HaSeul there’s someone who wants to meet you.”

I stood up and walked to the door. YongGuk was here with the person I assumed was his sister. She was holding his arm very tighly, it was adorable.

“Hi.”

“Whaouh, Oppa you didn’t’ lie, your girlfriend is stunning.” She said getting closer to me. As she walked, she stopped herself just next to me. “Unni you’re so tall. That’s impressive. I’m a child  next to you !!”

YongGuk cleared his throat. “YongJu be polite.”

She bowed to me. “I’m YongGuk little sister Bang YongJu , nice to meet you.”

I softly smiled to her and she blinked. “It's nice to meet you. I’m HaSeul.”

“I know who you are and what you did for YongGuk. I would like to thank you, I don’t have words for what you did. If it wasn’t for you, he would be still there…”

I looked at the young teen burst in tears and felt awkward. YongGuk came to comfort her. “She gets really sensitive over that…” He explained. The siblings hugged each others. So siblings were like that ? Growing up as a single child, I always felt weirded out by people with siblings.

"I wanted to meet you and say thanks.” YongJu finally said when she was calm. I nodded. “It’s cool.”

“I can call you Unnie right ? I always wanted a older sister you know !!” She said hugging me. YongGuk looked amused.

“Of course you can call me like that.”

“Unnie, let’s have a meal together. YongGuk said he’d invite us to eat burgers.”

YongGuk took care of his younger sister so much that I found it adorable. His ways of always pinching her cheeks, teasing her were so lovely. He liked her so purely. He was a good big brother to her obviously.

During the meal, YongJu phone ringed. She quickly declined the call. YongGuk took her phone. “It’s your mother, you should have answer, she should be worried come on !!”

YongJu faked to puke. “I don’t care.”

YongGuk had a deep breath. “It’s between her and me, you don’t have to get involved. I told you already.”

His younger sister shook her head. “No it’s not true !”

“Maybe but I don’t want you to hate her because of what she did in the past.”

She shook her head. “She took everything related to you, inlcuding photos you appeared on and  locked it in your room so I wouldn’t get in. I … really missed you and she would get angry at me, telling me to forget about you. She made your name taboo. I didn’t even had the right to indicate I had a sibling in school forms.”

As she said all of this, she stopped to eat, her eyes getting blurry. YongGuk looked sad, not knowing how to comfort her anymore.

I cleared my throat. “I’m not saying I agree but maybe it was the only way she could cope … by denying even his existence. I think she was also in a lot of pain and she ended up inflicting both of you a lot of pain also.”

The siblings looked at me with surprised eyes, making me think they never thought about it this way. I laughed nervously. “But it could be wrong.”

YongJu looked at me pretty amazed. “Unni, you’re really a smart woman.”

I shrugged and had a nervous laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter