Solji

Inmate 457
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi HaSeul

Finding YongGuk ex girlfriend was easier than I thought. She ignored our request to testify at the trial so I had to change her mind, make her reveal the truth. I found her on the net, she enjoyed using sns a bit too much. She was pretty, scrolling down her life I discovered a lot of things. She mmarried a guy last year and is now pregnant. That's with her I found out about their gathering. I ran to the club as soon as I saw her photo. I wished they were still there. I looked around and saw a group of five or six people including SolJi. I sighed oof relief and decided to wait to talk to her.They talked about various things and soon a lot of people left. Solji stayed and a guy suddenly smiled. "Oh now we're between us right , you remember how much things we did together ?"

For the longest time, they talked about the old days. Mentionning the parties they had, the cramming at last minutes and funny moments in class. No one at any moment mentioned YongGuk. It was as if he wasn't part of that band when I clearly knew he was.

They laughed about a silly thing a guy did and one of the guy finally addressed the taboo subject.

" YongGuk hyung was always with us back in the days.You heard about his trial ? " One of them said.

They all nodded without saying anything. I scoffed. YongGuk really chose bad friends, they wouldn't even support him... they erased him from their life, clearly.

Solji that was all happy and smiley lost her smile and her belly bump in a reassuring manner. " Can we stop talking about him? I would like to forget all of that story. "

That's the moment I decided to come at their table. There's no way I'll give her occasion to 'forget all of that story. As I sat next to them, they looked at each other in confusion. Solji smiled to me. "You were in our university ? Sorry I don't seem to recognize you."

I had a little smile. "Choi HaSeul I'm a volunteer at Friends, I visit YongGuk every week. "

They looked shocked over my presentation and Solji stood up. " What are you doing here ? He only got what he deserved. "

" Are you sure ? " I quietly said. I only wanted to slap her face right now but containe myself. I needed to proceed with a lot of patience.

She looked at me really affected and the whole gathering looked at each other. I was getting a bit angry when the guy from earlier talked.

" How is YongGuk these days ? "

I scoffed. " Why do you ask ? No one ever visit you're all pitying him but never visit him. "

He looked so ashamed at that moment that I almost felt bad about my outburst of anger. Solji wanted to leave and grabbed her bag, I stood up in front of her making her unable to leave. 

" I'm leaving I can't stand talking about him. " Solji explained herself.

I scoffed. " I guess we'll see each other soon then. "

She slapped me hard in the face and I only smiled. " Have a goodnight then. "

She bite her lips completely horrified by my behavior and left running outside. A lot of people started to follow her. I didn't care at all. I just wanted YongGuk to be free, I had a goal.

The guy that asked me if YongGuk was doing fine came to my side. " Hey, Hmm, I'm Choi Jaehyun. "

I quickly greeted him and he seemed a bit guilty . " You know the truth right ? " He asked me.

I almost wanted to cry. "So you knew and you put him aside. YongGuk never got visits from his friends !!!"

Jaehyun sighed, and took a glass of soju. He explained to me quickly that he sided with Solji when everything happened. That Yonggul was protective of her almost possessive and that this behavior was weird from him. He thought that the love turned into obsession and that the worst happened. He suddenly bite his lips. " Solji told me everything before marrying her husband. She couldn't reveal it to him but she at least told me. She feels really guilty. "

I felt puzzled. Even his bestfriend took Solji side. That's why no one visited him. That's also why he is suspicious with new people. My heart was in pain thinking of that young student that was casted out when he made a mistake. No one even did an effort to believe him. Himself now doesn't believe in his chances to get out.  I looked at him, very angry. " Yeah she had reasons to feel guilty. She sent an innocent man in prison. She needs to testify and tell people she lied. It's the only option or else I don't see how the jury is going to set YongGuk free. He's suffering so much there."

He bite his lips. " Can I do something to help ? "

I had a smirck. Oh yes, he could be useful.

*

Bang Yongguk

My normal life started back. Except one thing, HaSeul didn't come to visit. The first week I found her excuses, she was maybe busy. When the second week arrived, she still didn't come. At that point it's been three weeks we have'nt seen each other and I was half happy half sad. She moved on and decided to get rid of me in her life. After all, I wasn't bringing her anything good, just problems.

It's been a month since the trial, and I missed Ha Seul a lot. It was so obvious that JongUp my airhead of cellmate told me to eat a bit more, that Daehyun tried to cheer me up whenever he saw me. But today, I wasn't ready when he came to open our cell door. HaSeul came ? It was my first thought but Daehyun would have smile, giddy and it wasn't the case.

"You have a visitor. Kim SolJi."

I gave him a surprised look. Solji, Kim Sojin is there to see me ? In seven years she never came. What happened ?

Daehyun nodded. He knew who she was and looked a bit worried.  I sat on the room with the thick glass and looked at the lady in front of me. How can she come and meet me ? When she claimed so many things about me ? Protecting her abusive boyfriend instead of me.

She wasn't there at the trial. For now, she looked at me with teary eyes. " YongGuk ? "

I scoffed and she stared at me with shocked eyes, staring at my dark circles, hollow face, my skinny and pale body showing. I sat down and felt her stare on me with pity. I knew it would hurt anyways. She saw me in my glorious days, when I was a popular university student, when I was handsome and buildt. Those seven years here changed me, both emotionally and physically.

"YongGuk ? What have I done to you ? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter