A day to forget ?

Inmate 457
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang Yong Guk

It became natural for me to take care of the house while Haseul was out working. I needed time to take care of myself before making choices about my life, my education, those kind of stuffs. It bothered her a bit I spent time cleaning but we took time to explain ourselves. I liked to do house chores. I knew I was secure in this house. I also entertained myself though the day, by watching TV and reading, and as always taking walks around the block. But I did that less often, I really took pleasure in staying all day in the same place. Knowing I wasn't locked up and free to leave to walk around anytime I wanted helped a lot too.

I was doing  laundry. I didn't have that much clothes and had to wash them often. As I was doing this task, I smiled looking at HaSeul clothes mixed with mine in the laundry bag. Long jeans, long manly jackets and long sleeves. It was as if two men was living there, I thought to myself, amused by the situation. But that was until I saw was resting in the bottom of the laundry bag.

Underwear.By that I mean super feminine underwear. I stared at them for a minute before starting to grab a lacy bra. It looked so ... delicate and pretty. I froze for a bit. Was I supposed to wash them with the clothes ? I sighed and looked around, I found laundry mesh to protect them and sighed in relief. Gosh, that was unexpected of HaSeul. I never paid attention to her underwear when we got physical, I never truly cared so it came as a surprise she wear such feminine and girly underwear under her clothes. Even lacy boxer. Gosh, at the end I just closed my eyes and poured them in the washing machine. I chose the delicate setting and sighed, laundry was more stressful than I thought.

I cleaned the bathroom waiting for the laundry to be over, then I went outside to put clothes on the rack so they'll dry properly, I still tried not to stare at those elegant underwear. HaSeul wore clothes of a tomboy but in small ways, she was very feminine. She had a cherry scented gloss that tasted amazing when we kissed. A whole bunch of her cosmetics are rose-scented, and obviously her perfume was very floral, even her laundry detergent had a floral scent to it.

I was watching TV  when I heard the door of the house open. I ran to the living room and looked at HaSeul, I wasn't expecting her so early in the afternoon "You're home early."

"Yeah I just need to grab a few things before leaving but we can have a cup of tea together." She reassured me. I looked at HaSeul prepar tea and sat, peacefully looking at her. We drank tea, me asking her about her day so far, I was going to on her fancy underwear when she stood up, suddenly eager to live. "I gotta leave now if I don't want to be late for jail."

My hand stiffened around my cup hearing that word. HaSeul was calmly checking if she had everything she needed. No, it couldn't be true.

"Where are you going ?" I asked, my voice still normal.

*

Choi HaSeul

I turned myself and looked at YongGuk. “I'm going to the jail, Himchan gave me someone else to visit.”

YongGuk nodded slowly, eyes on his cup of tea. I cleared my throat. “Hmm, It might take all afternoon. I'm visiting that new man and the friends from the female jail.”

He nodded, not really listening to me anymore. I sighed, not liking how bothered he was about me leaving when I just arrived home. I should come back early tonight.

"Let me come with you. I'll visit JongUp." YongGuk said putting his coat.

I looked at him pretty much shocked. "You want to go back there ?For real ?"

He nodded strongly. "Yeah he was my roomate for four years and I couldn't even say goodbye."

We took the bus together and I didn't like how YongGuk was stiff and silent. He suddenly looked like the person I first met, cold and always keeping a distance. He was fidgeting his sleeve, his feet moving every two seconds.

"You don't have to go." I said to him, a hand soothing his lap.

He hissed. "I want to go. JongUp will be glad to have visits. Visits are importants."

I didn't insist, he was very clear on wanting to go there.  We dropped at the bus station and I went to the shop just next to the etablishment. "You should buy him something."

YongGuk looked around and laughed. "Whatever I'll bring him, He'd ask me why I didn't offer him magazines."

I took the guide and searched for the authorized gift section. YongGuk looked over my shoulder with a faint smile. "I can't believe you  are searching in the visitor guide to know if I can give him magazines."

I  handed the guide to YongGuk, once I found the answer. "No magazine for your friend. Maybe chocolate ?"

We finally decided ourselves on snacks and paid for our gifts. We walked in silence to the gate and soon the gate opened. The guard searched though my bag and I felt YongGuk stiffened once again. He was so smiley and cuddley in the store and seeing the shift in him made my heart ache.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter